Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just remembered one - killing the red con Qeynos Sewers sharks from land. Could hit them, they couldn't hit me. Great xp
Oh yea, I think eroding sharks were like that too.

Definitely remember you could stand on qeynos rooftops and nuke without recourse... until the gm shows up.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-24-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

charm causing social agro even after it expired. remember stumbling across a lot of priest of discord v. guard battles. apparently you could do this in bastion of thunder or some other zone in PoP and cause an all-out war between the factions

having edited zonefiles on your computer

sharing no drop items in ovens and forges

going LD as a mage basically anywhere and causing vobeker to go on a separation-anxiety fueled murderfest

typing ||||||||||||| to people and crashing them

you could 'cancel' a banned account and turn it into a closed account in good standing by logging into a non-banned, active account and going to the cancel prompt all the way to confirmation and logging into the banned account, then pressing cancel on the good acct

didnt the banker in befallen that just straight up dupe platinum or something ridiculous?
Old 04-24-2021, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

if anyone remembers the url or exact name of the old fires of heaven forum thread on eq1 nostalgia/exploits, it was something like 100 pages of players sharing exploits

it is still accessible on wayback if someone has it squirreled away
Old 04-24-2021, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

found it. 56 pages it turns out

http://web.archive.org/web/200809120...ts-rumors.html
Old 04-24-2021, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

In Planes of Power up until around DoN (quite a few expansions,) there was a pretty crazy exploit. I ended up finding about it a few months before it got nerfed, wishing I had known about it years prior.

If you hit Mass Group Buff, then an instant cast AA, cast a spell and duck, it would immediately refresh the instant cast AA. I had access to my cousin's cleric, and using this exploit, you could summon an unlimited amount of instant cast pet hammers. You could also spam something like cleric 100% AA rez.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:20 PM
Aviak

Guk and it's firepots of immortality got ... a few people in trouble back in the old days.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh, now I'm properly caffeinated. Some other fun bugs/glitches/exploits.

The old pulling your phone/ethernet cord out of the modem and using it to bypass doors was a pretty well known one, but most people didn't appreciate the true usefulness of this trick. You could use it to entirely bypass rooms filled with mobs you couldn't or didn't want to deal with and just plug the modem back in when you walked through the areas.

Getting past locked doors want that hard anyway. There were tons of ways you could do that: aggro a mob on the other side of the door or you could aggro a mob and pull it near the door on the side you are stuck on and you could often get it to open the door as well if you could get it close enough to the door. If you had the fear spell you could often fear yourself through the door, too, though that waa pretty dangerous a lot of places. You could use the illusion cancelling trick to get through all doors. It probably still works on p99 as I don't think they ever fixed it. Anyone with a guise of the deceiver or could do it.. Actually that's not true and its a funny aside. Dark elves couldn't use the illusion cancelling trick to bypass doors via the guise. LOL. Man were dark elves ever fucked over back in vanilla, eh?

One cool trick was to send mobs in zone a /tell. If you sent them a tell and they were in the zone you would actually send them a tell. So you could use it to check for named mob spawns. You needed to know the exact mob name to send the tell correctly but that name was rarely ever te name they had over their head, but it was easy enough to find by trying to trade the mob in question an item from far away. it would then tell you that soandso was too far away, and this message would contain the exact proper name you need to correctly send the tell.

The old dueling to replenish your mana was a fun one that worked for a decent while. Was a great trick for a duo of druid/wizards quad kiting stuff. Burn up all your mana and then you kill each other while bound nearby to get all your mana back then you are right back to quad kiting instead of medding for 10 mins.

They eventually sort of nerfed it You no longer would send them a message, however it wasn't a complete nerf because when you send the tell you would NOT get an error. If ou get an error player cannot be found the mob wasnt up, and if it was up it wouldn't say anything. Nice try verant but big F.
Wouldn’t dying after each quad end up netting you less exp than just medding? I guess maybe not if you were in a zone with tons of trash mobs on low spawn timers, but were there that many of those post mid 30s that were really viable to quad in?
Old 04-25-2021, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
charm causing social agro even after it expired. remember stumbling across a lot of priest of discord v. guard battles. apparently you could do this in bastion of thunder or some other zone in PoP and cause an all-out war between the factions

having edited zonefiles on your computer

sharing no drop items in ovens and forges

going LD as a mage basically anywhere and causing vobeker to go on a separation-anxiety fueled murderfest

typing ||||||||||||| to people and crashing them

you could 'cancel' a banned account and turn it into a closed account in good standing by logging into a non-banned, active account and going to the cancel prompt all the way to confirmation and logging into the banned account, then pressing cancel on the good acct

didnt the banker in befallen that just straight up dupe platinum or something ridiculous?
I think the charm thing was actually that NPCs had factions but maybe I’m wrong (and they eventually deleted the faction thing, but once an NPC was kos to another NPC in town they’d battle immediately upon respawning - a guy did an AMA on this on Reddit a couple years back)
Old 04-25-2021, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ended up in jail cell in Qeynos Catacombs as a kid... yes it's real. There's no way to get out of it. My friends and I were scamming other players into giving us items or platinum and then saying we would log on to another character to give them the other item that they wanted. Eventually it caught up to us.

I ended up with a really bad reputation, and I guess I really pissed off a GM... so when I moved to another server to start over new... without doing anything bad... a GM actually tracked me down to that server and cursed me out and even made threats towards me in real life... I'm not kidding. I know it had to be a GM because this person didn't appear online even though he was messaging me, and how else would he have found me on another server? Even my real life friends didn't know where I had gone at the time.
Uh huh, sure. A GM made threats to you in real life. Would’ve heard about this one on the staff at the time if that had happened and I never did
Old 04-25-2021, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was the banker in runnyeye

you could turn any amount of coin into copper then take the copper and place it directly into the plat spot in the bank and it would become plat in a 1 to 1 ratio, infinite plat
Closed Thread