Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Aviak

Default Sit agro

Obviously, the only proof I can give for this is my own anecdotal evidence, but I like to think that my 10+ years of playing EQ from 1999 on counts for something.

The way sit agro works on P1999 is currently incorrect. Mobs are adding other players to their hate lists based solely on whether or not they're sitting, which is not how it worked on live. With the exception of frenzied mobs (undead primarily), mobs would not add other players to their hate list once they engaged another player unless the offending player did something to hurt the mob or assist their current target(s). This meant that you could literally run an entire crowd of orcs, gnolls, or whatever other non-frenzied mobs through a sitting player they were KOS to and the sitting player wouldn't get agro.

On live, sitting merely applied a modifier to the amount of hate mobs had towards you, so that you might not be attacked standing, but sitting would cause you to be attacked. Sitting would also lift the level-based restriction on what mobs would attack you.

Now, it seems as if there's some bizarre mechanic where mobs will regularly scan their vicinity for any seated players they're KOS to and automatically assign them a spot on their hate list, even if they're already engaged against other players.

The thing is, you could remain seated at a camp when a mob was pulled without that mob rampantly jumping all the seated players. I know this because I played a cleric extensively from classic all the way to Velious, and sitting never caused me to get jumped after a pull unless I landed a big heal and THEN sat down.

TL;DR - Sitting should have no effect on an engaged mob's agro unless you're already on the mob's hate list.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Former Guide

Resolving for lack of concrete evidence. I know I have seen posts regarding proximity aggro needing to be properly added to p99, which was classic such as gaining aggro from a train that ran by you in unrest. If your sit aggro to hate list is true, that seems classic behavior.

Fansy the bard (think that is his name) used this mechanic to run sand giants around to get players on their hate list, then zone or die so they would kill players outside his PvP level range.
Closed Thread