Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 10:45 PM
Banned

Squire my dude lets run qeynos #fangquesting
Old 08-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Does this mean I can finally implement my classic HARD CORE strategy? (I go into noob zones and give platinum to mobs, then buff the mobs with hp and DS and regen-(only on "boss mobs") and watch the noobs fight hard for 5-150 plat drops off each mob inzone? Or perhaps my second strategy which will be to drop coin on the ground and make a trail that goes through the zone to a pile of platinum and gold? (follow the treasure!)

You used to be able to give orcs platinum in Crushbone and noobs would loot for belts and be surprised "/shouting WOAH I JUST GOT 100 platinum off an ORC!!"

I did this in Misty Thicket too with bixies..made them SUPER powerful with buffs and gave them platinum..eventually I would see folks /shouting they got tons of money from bees meanwhile some noob would run past with 5 or 6 bixies chasing them to the guards /shout OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIVES THE BEES ARE TOO STRONG!

(You could also heal mobs in classic..you're almost done killing that mob and it is at 5% hp WOOOSH now it's at full HP!)
Last edited by Mazoku; 08-20-2019 at 08:37 PM..
Old 09-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Orc

For enchanters: stein of moggok is attainable very early on if ur willing to take the time. I completed the quest yesterday at lvl 6 as a dark elf. All you need is invis and human illusion so u could even do it as early as 4. Without sow or porting it took me about 5 hours to complete. If ur familiar with the quest and get lucky with boats u could probably do it in 2-3. The run through sro is probably the most dangerous part with all the undead in the sand area that see invis.

Also to add on to the original post about free bags to get started with, there are two in neriak for dark elves, one in the warrior guild and one in the rogue guild, both are on the wiki.
Last edited by dwarf_cleric420; 09-16-2019 at 05:52 PM..
Old 09-16-2019, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarf_cleric420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For enchanters: stein of moggok is attainable very early on if ur willing to take the time. I completed the quest yesterday at lvl 6 as a dark elf. All you need is invis and human illusion so u could even do it as early as 4. Without sow or porting it took me about 5 hours to complete. If ur familiar with the quest and get lucky with boats u could probably do it in 2-3. The run through sro is probably the most dangerous part with all the undead in the sand area that see invis.

Also to add on to the original post about free bags to get started with, there are two in neriak for dark elves, one in the warrior guild and one in the rogue guild, both are on the wiki.
Hmm. Probably worth considering leveling an enchanter to 4 to do this quest for anyone playing a caster. SoM is like end game vanilla gear...
Old 09-16-2019, 06:16 PM
Orc

I agree, any caster wanting a BiS pre raid primary could lvl a dark elf chanter to 4, get human illusion and invis and follow the dark elf guide on the bottom of the wiki. I can confirm that you don't need alliance for any turn in, and you can buy the kiola nut with human illusion (don't need wood elf) . I'm sure u could kill the qeynos fish urself but I didn't want to risk guard agro so I killed them on a lvl 1 rodect warrior and then switched to loot. Easy quest, great item, worth the boring ass run through the karanas

I didn't find bind to be necessary as nektulos bind works fine
Run to efp get kiss of innoruk
Boat to sister Island buy kiola nut
Gate to nektulos run ec > wc > kithicor
Farm 3 honeycomb from bixie in kith or misty
Go to rivervale trade 3 honey comb 30 gold for jum
Run kithicor > high-pass > ek > nk > wk > qhills > qeynos
Go to temple area in qeynos to get fish
Take boat to erudin
Trade innoruk kiss of death for erudin tonic
Gate to nektulos and run to efp
Trade kiola nut, fish, erudin tonic and jum for book
Run nro > oasis > sro > innothule > ferrott > oggok
Trade book for stein
Last edited by dwarf_cleric420; 09-16-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

I remember when the stein was discovered on live lol

every single god damn caster in the game walking around with that lantern

was so funny

I HOPE THE CLASSIC STEIN IS A LANTERN BTW NILBOG, IF YOU'RE LISTENING.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What leveling zones do you guys think will be crowded to the point of reducing fun? I am expecting to avoid Gfay/Crushbone, Commonlands/Ro and maybe Blackborrow?

Any ideas on fun, less crowded areas? Probably depends on what race I end up playing, some ideas being
Nektulos > Lavastorm > Najena > Solusek A
Feerott/Innothule > Rathe > Guk
Everfrost > (blackburrow?) > Permafrost
I suspect the less populated areas will be Erudin, Qeynos and Everfrost. But even they'll probably have their fair share of folks due to the lure of Blackburrow.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

I think some of the low level stuff around Inno/Feer might be the best bet. Feerott has some camps but usually not enough ogres to group and clear stuff. Shouldnt be an issue at launch. Sro has some orc camps for the 6-10 levels.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eq is a journey not a destination.

Qft if you want destination play blue
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this mean I can finally implement my classic HARD CORE strategy? (I go into noob zones and give platinum to mobs, then buff the mobs with hp and DS and regen-(only on "boss mobs") and watch the noobs fight hard for 5-150 plat drops off each mob inzone? Or perhaps my second strategy which will be to drop coin on the ground and make a trail that goes through the zone to a pile of platinum and gold? (follow the treasure!)

You used to be able to give orcs platinum in Crushbone and noobs would loot for belts and be surprised "/shouting WOAH I JUST GOT 100 platinum off an ORC!!"

I did this in Misty Thicket too with bixies..made them SUPER powerful with buffs and gave them platinum..eventually I would see folks /shouting they got tons of money from bees meanwhile some noob would run past with 5 or 6 bixies chasing them to the guards /shout OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIVES THE BEES ARE TOO STRONG!

(You could also heal mobs in classic..you're almost done killing that mob and it is at 5% hp WOOOSH now it's at full HP!)
Client doesn't allow money dropping anymore from what I understand.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread