Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He isn't writing paragraphs of condescending trolling like you are
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as "hijacking", he's got one or two posts in most threads, and if it isn't talking about green he doesn't bring it up. The times he does being up the PNP/DPS race shit, it's at the very least tangentially related to the thread subject or it's responses and again, only a couple posts.
Quote:
but in this case you seem to be vastly, vastly, overstating OP's post history and just running with the mob. It's just overall really strange.
In all honesty, it sounds like you didn't really try very hard. I don't blame you: reading the random posting history of random posters isn't the most fun thing in the world, and that's even more true when the poster in question endlessly talks about something dumb like eliminating the PnP.

But look, I have absolutely nothing against Zura or any other poster in particular that I can think of ATM. I have had some beefs with people over the years (eg. Mick, Scarred Child), but they've all been the sort of people who eventually got themselves banned, so today I have nothing personal against anyone (that I can remember at least ... I do smoke a lot of pot).

But, I very much noticed a pattern in Zura's posting. As you said, they'd find a thread about Green, find some tangential angle to bring up his "get rid of the PnP" idea, and then he'd reply to (pretty much literally) every response to his idiotic idea. Very quickly the thread would become yet another "everyone vs. Zura" argument over the PnP.

To be clear, changing a thread topic (on purpose or on accident) is not wrong. Arguing forcefully, even for a losing position, is not wrong (clearly if I didn't agree with that I would never defend rotations in RnF). But when you display a consistent pattern of taking over other people's thread, forcing the exact same conversation to happen, and then not even really having a conversation at all, just yelling until everyone gives up trying to communicate with you ... that's rude.

Zura has something they feel passionately about. They really want a PnP-less Green. Lots of nerds here feel uber-passionate about their stupid nerdy thing (/cough the wiki /cough). I have no issue with passionate nerds.

What I do have an issue with is someone interjecting their pet topic, over and over and over again, into threads that previously were about something else ... and then NOT DIALOGUING IN ANY OF THEM. Never once did Zura ever listen to anyone in any of those threads. He also never once changed a single mind of a single person reading ... because he wasn't trying to.

All he wanted to do was take over any Green thread he saw and then (virtually) shout as loud and as hard as he could about his pet topic, knowing full well that no one had any interest in what he had to say (because they'd told him as much in the last five threads), and not actually trying to engage or sway anyone, just yelling a lot. And that bugged me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm not sure why people think OP is mad. Having a different opinion, one with at least some historical support, doesn't make someone mad.

I don't want what OP posted about, but, I also don't get the name calling dog pile that's going on or why it's being allowed to continue. Y'all seem to not understand who's actually being shitty in this thread because it isn't OP.
For fucks sake this stupid red pilling shit needs to stop, now it's part of everquest too?

We get it you morons, there's "good people" on both sides.

Except in these types of discussion one side is always being completely fucking disingenuous of why they want what they're saying. You want shit to be better for you in a specific circumstance? Fine, say that and end the discussion there, quit trying to lawyer your position into something it isn't.

This dude wants to be able to steal from anyone he wants and have it be ok. In a few months he'll be complaining about all the "carebears" who don't wanna play with him. It's his own shitty fucking attitude and lack of cooperation that ends in both of these circumstances, he's not just "exploring ideas" or some bullshit like that.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dude wants to be able to steal from anyone he wants and have it be ok. In a few months he'll be complaining about all the "carebears" who don't wanna play with him. It's his own shitty fucking attitude and lack of cooperation that ends in both of these circumstances, he's not just "exploring ideas" or some bullshit like that.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned

sometimes people express their opinion in the form of an insult [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2019, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

Lotta healthy stuff going on here.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-16-2019, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Someone needs to make a group dedicated to sniping all of the OPs targets until they quit playing.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

This again?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 AM
Banned

oh fuck yeah, RnF baby
Old 09-17-2019, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

OP makes yet another thread trying to argue for "more classic" yet forgetting the most important thing about p99. Rogean and Nilbog can do whatever tf they want with the server and don't need to explain themselves or justify anything unless they want to. There is nothing OP or anyone else can do about it. Their vision of classic and your vision don't match? Too bad. I have things I don't like about the server too, but it is literally a waste of my time to make threads complaining about it.

They make the server any way they like. We can play on it, or not play on it. Each person needs to decide if it's something they want to spend their time on. Thats. It.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every time i see op avatar I just know I'm about to read something embarrassing
We need someone to have the Billy Madison "We are all dumber for having listened" gif posted immediately anytime OP makes a post
Closed Thread