Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

No hp or sta for when you need it
Old 08-29-2019, 04:38 PM
Kobold

My experience with being a rogue (mid-50s,) so far is, I rarely need HPs. And if I am getting beat on hard, that usually means things have gone really bad and I don't think the additional HPs from the RBG will make a difference. But, I guess if had 18k with nothing better to buy, I'd get one. Just seems like an extreme price for such little gain.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

It's more for buffer against AE
Old 08-29-2019, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So rogues would wear a RBG even though the haste won't stack with the Ragebringer? Since the haste won't stack with the epic, all your left with are the belt's stats which don't seem to warrant the cost of 18k. Am I missing something?
i never said rogues should wear rbg, im just pointing out a fact

this is the reality of eq, you pay a premium for a slight upgrade once you get to a certain point

some melee stats belts on top of my head: spider fur belt, tbb, rbg, rbb, belt of great turtle

if you want to debate whether rbg stats warrants 18k cost, there are tons of other examples - why get hiero cloak/lodi shield when cloak of maelstrom is relatively good and much cheaper, why get +6 neck when you can wear dragoon tooth choker, why eye of narandi when there is idol of thorn; why living thunder earring when there is fingerbone hoop
Old 08-31-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBB seems like a better choice than RBG with +15 STR. And, it's only 2k vs. 18k.
TBB is an amazing belt for leveling, but not a great belt for raiding. STR value plummets when you get 183 to cap w/ maniacal and being able to take a few AEs switches focus to resist+hp. RBG has the best overall stats, worn moreso for these stats instead of the haste, until you can get a turtle / dwarf belt.
Last edited by Cecily; 08-31-2019 at 05:20 PM..
Old 08-31-2019, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i never said rogues should wear rbg, im just pointing out a fact

this is the reality of eq, you pay a premium for a slight upgrade once you get to a certain point

some melee stats belts on top of my head: spider fur belt, tbb, rbg, rbb, belt of great turtle

if you want to debate whether rbg stats warrants 18k cost, there are tons of other examples - why get hiero cloak/lodi shield when cloak of maelstrom is relatively good and much cheaper, why get +6 neck when you can wear dragoon tooth choker, why eye of narandi when there is idol of thorn; why living thunder earring when there is fingerbone hoop
The fun thing is that a geared to the teeth rogue is just as effective as a goodwill rogue with smart gear choices who can live through an encounter. Rogues don't require a fortune to opperate at max or near max efficiency.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fun thing is that a geared to the teeth rogue is just as effective as a goodwill rogue with smart gear choices who can live through an encounter. Rogues don't require a fortune to opperate at max or near max efficiency.
My rogue doesnt wear pants
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My rogue doesnt wear pants

Min/maxing!
Old 09-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Pants are for poindexters.
Closed Thread