Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Fwiw my usual low aggro setup on my warrior raiding is 9/18 and 12/21. For high ac content it was reliably better than my garbage 30/35 2hander. Yesterday on some high ac velious raid targets the 2hander was out-performing the dual wield setup by a noticeable amount.

My warrior needs better ratio low threat weapons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-10-2019, 01:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interestingly both shovel of harvest at 50/43 and Trorsmang at 40/35 are only about 9% better than TStaff 29/30 because 30 is right about the sweet spot for returns on damage bonus. Trorsmang and Shovel should parse virtually identically thanks to the better delay dmg bonus on Trorsmang. Vs TStaff that 9% is before you factor in the unreasonable 120 DD proc. Functionally TStaff proc is 4dps over time at max dex. TStaff thus floats only 3-5% lower than every raid 2hander except abashi. On really high ac mobs TStaff may perform even closer for the same reason fast one handers used to be better.

Abashi is also at that sweet spot for delay and is 25% better before you factor in the proc from TStaff.

I’m dying to see a real life parse comparison of 15/18 and 16/19 vs 40/30
At the risk of showing my lack of 2001 EQ knowledge, wasn't the Bo Staff of Trorsmang supposed to be changed with this last patch?
Old 09-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Parses please
Old 09-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Banned

devil's advocate: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333453
Old 09-10-2019, 11:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been parsing in Ntov and 1 handers are still king. now i dont have an abashi's but im using a 40 35 and 1 handers are still parsing much better. Rule of thumb, mobs with high ac and high HP, using 1 handers and hitting fast is better, mobs with low ac and low hp u can blow up with 2 hander. So maybe 2hb is better then they were a week ago for classic content but end game 2 handers are still trash
How do the 1 hander parses compare to pre-patch? As you and I both noted earlier in the thread, the patch notes seem to indicate that the change to monk damage tables was a nerf, and my monk (using 1h) feels a little weaker at level 58 now. Although I can't recall exactly what my prior max hits with epic fist were, max hits with blam stick on KC trash are a little lower. At 60, how is your damage with 1handers compared to a week ago?

Edit to add a follow up question: is this change to the damage tables really classic, or was it an executive decision to try and keep monks (read: Kelz) from being too OP. My hazy recollection is that monks did stupid dps at the end of Vel/start of Luclin, and I played a pretty well geared rogue back then. Maybe I'm just off though. Given the rigid adherence to "Classic" on the interface front, to considerable community dismay, I would hope that the damage changes were similarly accurate.
Last edited by Triode; 09-10-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Old 09-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Banned

Troxx, were you weapon swapping between swings for fist dmg?

I imagine dual wield is still better for us lazy monks that don't want to do that every round of combat.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

I did some light testing yesterday + day before

My weapons:

Abashi's - 2hb

Fist of Nature / Fist of Lightning - 1hb's

First of all, 2h damage is SO much better now. As to be expected. I used to hit for 29 damage with my Abashi alllll the time. The lowest i've seen it post patch is maybe in the 50s? On green mobs in the overthere, i avg'd between 80 dps - 200 dps. Avg was probably 130-140. Testing it out on blues in sebilis (NG bugs+Friends), it does seem to be a lot more powerful than FoN/FoL while soloing(Which was not the case pre patch). DPS seem to avg 110-130. Which is riight around where i avg'd with FoN/FoL pre-patch. Abashi pre patch could avg as low as 70dps, as hitting for 29 dmg/misses really can drag you down if the RNG gods were unkind. I absolutely hit for 200+ damage A LOT more.

Testing it out on ToV trash/Lord Vyemm... seems like 2hb is still straight garbage. Low hits. A lot of misses.

With FoN/FoL, i felt like i could immediately tell that I was hitting for lower damage each swing. On green trash in the OT, i was hitting for the 40's 50's a lot, where as i felt like I hit for 70s-80s consistently pre patch. The DPS meter also reflected that, as I wasn't doing insane DPS against these trash mobs unless my FoN was proccing. Interestingly, I seemed to be doing pretty damn good DPS against Lord Vyemm last night, as I was top 5 in DPS on my meter at 85 before I was eaten. (with FoN/FoL ... NOT Abashi)

In Conclusion, I think it's safe to assume that 2hb will be king for everything outside of raids.

Note: I was mostly unbuffed during these tests, and weren't really tests, moreso me dicking around with weapons. Also to note, unbuffed, my str is 232, and I have 2 AoB effects (Doze mask + dain belt) + Ring 10.
Last edited by Twochain; 09-10-2019 at 03:07 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Theres an easy place to parse for non-raid content. Bloodmaw in GD has ~50,000 hp and basically doesn't attack back. Using him with same buffs (epic haste + Avatar):

DW Wurmscale Fistwrap + Primal Fistwrap: 130dps
DW Epic Fist + Scepter of Mastery: 108dps
2H Trorsmang: 138dps
2H TStaff: 114dps (118dps including proc dmg @255dex)

Prior to this update TStaff only did ~80dps and Trorsmang ~100dps on Bloodmaw.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trzzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres an easy place to parse for non-raid content. Bloodmaw in GD has ~50,000 hp and basically doesn't attack back. Using him with same buffs (epic haste + Avatar):

DW Wurmscale Fistwrap + Primal Fistwrap: 130dps
DW Epic Fist + Scepter of Mastery: 108dps
2H Trorsmang: 138dps
2H TStaff: 114dps (118dps including proc dmg @255dex)

Prior to this update TStaff only did ~80dps and Trorsmang ~100dps on Bloodmaw.
Did you swap out your 2 handers for fist swings in between 2H swing timer?
Old 09-10-2019, 03:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you swap out your 2 handers for fist swings in between 2H swing timer?
No. That's just the pure auto attack damage of each, no kicks etc.
Closed Thread