Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-13-2019, 07:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Anyone else with video issues since last patch??

I'm stumped. Since last patch or the one before (49b or 49), frame rate has been shot to hell.

Whenever I get too close to a fight with about 10+ people, frame rate literally goes to what seems like 1 fps. It's like a slide show. Buttons can't be pressed, UI takes about 10 clicks to get something activated and this has never happened in all my years playing. It was always smooth as silk. Now it's totally unplayable unless I back off from a long distance to fight.

Is it something with the video being set to a hard 60 fps (always has it on 50fps before). It is something to do with the logs? I don't know what the issue is.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:17 AM
Skeleton

Yes, whatever changes were made to enforce 60fps are hugely degrading performance.

I've spent hours troubleshooting it myself, without any luck. I then made an EQ Live account to double check and its smooth and fluid there, so this issue is very specifically to do with this latest patch on P1999.

And it doesn't look like anyone really cares.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:31 PM
Aviak

I'm having issues mostly when turning it stutters I think it was after I loaded the patch that put the pet window back in the game