Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Aviak

You also need to take into account that mages are not mages as they were on live.

Aggro issues, AC being broken, making even the 57 earth pet seem like a low HP wuss, because it gets hit so often and often for max damage, not being able to chain bolt, broken resists (very frustrating for a class with few utility), pets casting their spells not nearly as much as on live. That all adds to people giving up on that class because they remember it differently and then playing it like they have taken a sleeping pill. So I dont blame them.
Last edited by Rhun; 12-15-2013 at 07:24 AM..
Old 12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

in groups: any idiot can pretend to be a good mage with these few tips. position your pet for backstab. if you're fighting against casters, use an air pet or if you really want to be a fucking pro, nuke the mob with the lvl 12 magic dd bc it has a high chance to interrupt. never use pet guard in tight areas else they will bug through walls and train to your group. coth is your best spell - use it to get past see invis mobs by using your pet as a decoy and killing it when coh about to land after you run past the merbs.
in raids: just don't afk and you're pro.

pro tips i never shared but idc anymore.
- (before invis NERF) DID YOU KNOW: you can single pull any mob that doesn't see invis? all you had to do is use an air pet and made sure that he stunned the mob without causing any melee damage. then when your pet comes back to you he will come solo....takes a bit of using your macros to pet attack/pet back.
- DID YOU KNOW: that if someone casts invis on you while you are summoning your pet, your pet (no matter which it is) will also be invised? so you can run through dungeons and shit with your pet up and it won't aggro anything.

your welcome.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 12-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also need to take into account that mages are not mages as they were on live.

Aggro issues, AC being broken, making even the 57 earth pet seem like a low HP wuss, because it gets hit so often and often for max damage, not being able to chain bolt, broken resists (very frustrating for a class with few utility), pets casting their spells not nearly as much as on live. That all adds to people giving up on that class because they remember it differently and then playing it like they have taken a sleeping pill. So I dont blame them.
not being able to chain bolt sucks. not being able to get dbl damage if bolting from z axis also sucks too.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

They recall their pet after it's been ae'd so it doesn't break mez!!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

How necessary is having a mage epic in terms of end game effectiveness?
Old 12-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Far as I know pets still eat a wave. pet+mob in the rain area means 2 waves instead of 3. If this is changed, then Hallelujah.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

I haven't used rains in a while because they're mostly useless but if i remember correctly the way the work is they hit 4 targets or cast 3 waves, whatever comes first. PC pets get hit by rains, though they don't take damage. If its a mob and a pc pet attacking it, youll see 2 waves and 4 hits. The only way theyre remotely effective is on a rooted lone mob, but they resist like crazy so they're not even that great. Definitely broken :/
Old 12-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How necessary is having a mage epic in terms of end game effectiveness?
meh, i've duoed all of crypt with the 57 earth pet, though the epic pet makes it a hell of a lot easier.

back before they nerfed invis, i couldn't have duoed fungi king without the epic pet forsure with a sham/enc. never tried it with an earth pet, but i assume it could've been possible.

i guess the point i'm trying to get at is epic pet will make afk life a lot easier for hard camps for a mage, but 57 earth pet can achieve the same more or less, just makes it more difficult = more fun.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

COTH tricks make me want to play a mage (a little bit).
Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
COTH tricks make me want to play a mage (a little bit).
It's much more fun for someone else to do COTH tricks on you (as a necro) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread