Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

one of my ex girlfriends still sends me texts calling people noobs and saying they got pwnd

makes me damn proud

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I experienced a minor breakdown around 2pm today after doing $2500 in labor for myself under the influence of oxycodone, coffee, prosciutto and this weird antiseizure stuff that feels like a acid comeup. It would have been far more severe except luckily a nearby and very credible White male stepped in and regulated my emotional state w expertly applied eye contact and cinching pressure applied to neck. i think keeping the means for emotional regulation on hand is what separates the unmad from the mad.

I have observed some of my family and friends silently keeping tabs on me thru this outlet. Indeed alot of what I write is for their benefit. I've always been blessed with really wonderful ppl and i'll always love them very much. I don't think I've ever truely been wronged in a substantive way. I am a very fortunate person
thread saved. whale bless.

pls take care. will add meaningful share of my own perhaps when feeling more inspired by the planetary alignment.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Kobold

The wife calls it my “little wizard game” and makes autistic faces when saying that phrase. That is the extent of her knowledge.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My brother barely understands p99 and its lingo even though he was the original EQ player in our family and also told me about p99's existence. I went far deeper down the rabbit hole.

However, most of family knows about my tendency to shitpost heavily on these forums. In public, I loudly speak about the forums and call it "the News." Thus when I whip out my smart phone, I declare that I am going to "read the News" or "see what's up in the News" and also that "I'm writing a quick News post."

They think I am a bit mad and I tend not to disagree. For reference, see my mental breakdown earlier today after switching to a different type of coffee.
My SO was really impressed with how involved I was with The News. Well, until she decoded that when I said The News, I was refering to the latest happenings in 20 year old elfsim and fantasy wargaming miniatures.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My SO was really impressed with how involved I was with The News. Well, until she decoded that when I said The News, I was refering to the latest happenings in 20 year old elfsim and fantasy wargaming miniatures.
We pulled through though, if she urgently needs me to AFK she tells me to meditate.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Every now and then I'll tell my wife I'm going to game out for a few hours sometime during the day. We'll be chatting or hanging out and my phone will blow up and she'll see my face and say, "go get your dragons babe!"

I immediately bust a spin move around her and run to the computer to starting slaying. One day I'll correct her and let her know that sometimes I'm going after dragons, sometimes gods, sometimes ST/Kael whatever - you guys know the deal.

This is an example of a positive interaction. Every now and then I'm sitting on game ignoring her and she'll be like, "Can you please put your dragons away!?!?!"
Old 01-23-2018, 02:42 PM
Banned

Heart working thread
Old 01-25-2018, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

You know that anxious feeling you get when you try to fall asleep and you remember silly things you did and said YEARS ago and hope everyone else has forgotten by now? Yea, no... my elderly dad (Who forgets names and what he did 2 days prior) will ask me if I still play that elf game and then reminisce about the time I was all upset and crying because my elf got robbed and they thought I was talking about an actual RL robbery. To be fair, it was around 2001 and someone was hacking accounts, stripped my little druid and left her at the Oasis docks. I was very upset.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:38 AM
Large Bat

I used to rant about it to my girlfriend sometimes, talking about lore or guild activities or whatever the fuck. She put up with it. I think she still thinks plane of sky is "planet sky".

Now she's playing it with me and is probably more into it than I am, even though I'm still teaching her the basics. Currently duoing two characters around level 20. She flipped her shit the other day when we died in Befallen and she realized what happens if you die at ~1% into your new level.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:43 AM
Aviak

My wife just floated the idea of getting a new laptop with part of our tax return this year. So I'm kinda hoping for something like that to happen with us Omsk.