Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Kobold

This is what eq should be
Old 05-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Rosen is awesome, had a fun adventure with he a while ago- I didn't make the screen shots heh. Keep on rocking

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 05-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once I discovered I could....I quadded so much :3 With no downtime!

I thought about parsing....but 1 ) I don't want to make all other classes feel bad as they try to compare themselves to the power of archery!!! and 2 ) I don't know how to use a parser -blushes-
how often do you restock up on arrows from town? or do you have the darkwood bracer power to summon your own?

I started practicing archery on my ranger (young as he is). and im always out of arrows after like 2 fights
Old 05-16-2016, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my young ranger is practicing his archery to some day join your ranks as a great archer
Always looking for new archers!! In fact we had 2 new young archers join recently!!! I forgot to get pictures....I need to hunt them down when they are on -_-

Quote:
Rosen is awesome, had a fun adventure with he a while ago- I didn't make the screen shots heh.
Which adventure?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sometimes I suck with the screenshots !_!

Quote:
how often do you restock up on arrows from town? or do you have the darkwood bracer power to summon your own?

I started practicing archery on my ranger (young as he is). and im always out of arrows after like 2 fights
I buy a bit over 1k arrows each time I go to restock. It lasts maybe 2-3 yellows when solo exping? Luckily there are arrow merchants all around Norrath!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

The next item Ganelorn had told me he wanted was a burnt sash from an imp protector in Nagafen's lair.

With my dragons bow, I was feeling pretty confident I could get one of those. Sure I had heard about the imp protectors....how difficult they could be....but that was always coming from non-archers! Things tend to be a lot less dangerous to those with a bow.

So, after hopping on the nearest druid, I was ready to get the burnt sash!!!

But...as I entered the lair...I could tell by the fletching on the ground that another ranger was here as well.....it didn't take me long to figure out who either....

Around the corner I saw him, Tineron the Shy! (:P) I had talked to him a bit before, always anonymous....sneaking around....I was sure he was there for the same reason I was!! Ganelorn must have sent him too!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well, it was probably for the best.... a dragons lair is even more dangerous than the castle of vampires....so we decided to team up.

After a while of fighting bats and beetles, we struggled to get further into the lair with only two bows.

Even worse is I discovered my dragons bow and powers were greatly suppressed inside of the lair!!! I was crippled! Only a fraction of my normal strength!!!

Eventually it grew late, and we decided to try again in the morning....though, not before I ran to the bank to find my old huntsmans bow. If I was going to try again, I needed a backup.

The next day I woke up and looked for Tineron....but he wasn't nearby. I could tell he had woken up before me though. I knew he must have gone into the lair by himself! Trying to get the sash before me!!!

Luckily I met a dark elf near the entrance to the lair who agreed to join me to find Tineron. He was pretty strong too, commanding a monsterous elemental!! It was even stronger than my bow!!! Though, I assume only because the lair was suppressing its power.

Spiders....bats....beetles....even a noxious spider!! We killed quite a few things until we found Tineron hiding in one of the corners of the lair near the goblins city.

He hadn't found his sash yet either. Of course having no better luck alone than we had together.

But this time! With Shadowgreys help, we would be sure to make it to the imps!!!

It didn't take too long to work our way down to the lava pools...right before where the imps lived....but we had another problem.....it was going to be hard to get fewer than 3 at a time....

Just then I saw a monk run past me!!! What was a person doing running around the lair this deep alone?!

It was Freeform! A monk of <Awakened>!!! Maybe he wanted to join our imp hunting party!

I shouted down the hall he had run to come back, to join us. He shouted back "Ok!!" and suddenly we had a 4th member to our party!

What followed was nothing short of an imp and lava guardian massacre! They had no chance against 2 archers, an elemental master, and a monk!!

By the end of the day, both me and Tineron had found our sashes.... just one piece left needed for Ganelorn and finally I would learn how to call the flames!!! Oddly enough though.... I could already feel myself gaining stronger control of the minor fire spells I had....

Old 05-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Orc

Lol! Thanks for leaving out the part where I may or may not have contributed to a massive train. And of course for sharing the adventure together!! (And of course for capturing me in my lack of pants...)
Old 05-18-2016, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

As I was preparing to go on my next adventure for Ganelorn....I heard that there was a fellow wood elf that had discovered some disturbing news in Kunark....in a place called the Burning Woods.

I was told the news was urgent! So left immediately....traveling to my old hunting grounds the dreadlands, and then onto the woods.

There I met Telin Darkforest....who told me that forests across Norrath were being twisted and polluted!! That a darkness was spreading!!!

I wondered if it was Innoruuk.....

Telin agreed, it had to be!!

He quickly scribbled down a note for me to take to a woman named Faelin Bloodbriar in Faydark....apparently a great adventurer!

So, I left him and went to find Faelin.

When I got to greater faydark though, I met a druid that had also talked to Telin and been given a note for Faelin....apparently Telin didn't trust this druid, since he sent me too.

After searching for a day or two, we eventually found her....and she gave us a ring to take to a dark elf she knew named Giz X'Tin in the Kithicor forests....that he would know what Innoruuk was planning and the ring would convince him to talk to us.

It seemed a bit odd she would trust a dark elf ...but....we had no other choice! The world was at risk!!!!

It was night when we arrived in Kithicor....and it was overrun by powerful undead creatures! Obviously it was Innoruuk trying to stop us from finding the dark elf!!!!

Though, while they were strong...they were no match for my bow.

Eventually we found Gix X'Tin running around the forest....another strange sign....how hadn't the undead gotten him?!

Something didn't feel right.....

We approached him and gave him the ring....and in return he gave us a coin? Saying Innoruuk had told him we were coming....and the coin was to repay an old debt.....but that we wouldn't need to worry for long....

Suddenly another dark elf sprung out from behind a tree!!! And attacked us!!!! It was an assassin!!!!!! A Teir'Dal Reaver!

Surely two wood elves would be more than enough to handle an assassin!! So we began to fight.....

But we were wrong!! The reaver was stronger than we had imagined!!! With powers to summon us to him directly!!!

Kadest seemed to have his attention....but we had to run!

As I ran, I could hear the reaver shouting as he summoned Kadest to him....over and over again.....

No!! I couldn't leave him alone!!! I wouldn't let Kadest die!!!

I turned around and ran back to Kadest....we were getting out of this together! Or not at all!!!!!

Somehow we made it away...as the reaver stopped his summoning...was it Tunare? Had she saved us?!

Either way, this was more serious than I had thought! It was definitely Innoruuk!! He had to be stopped!

We both went to the entrance of Rivervale to recover...and as we sat there, more of Kadests guild began to arrive.

Had they heard of our troubles? Did they come to defeat the dark elf??

Kind of....apparently they were after another dark elf that lived in the forest....a general.

This was a perfect chance to strike back at the dark elves for trying to assassinate us though!! And before long, we had a large force!! With even an ogre!!!

They lured the general out of hiding in the woods...and he was no match for my arrows and the force of the army that had come! Elementals, skeletons, even a couple gnomes!!

Overall, things worked out pretty ok for now.....I think I should talk to Telin again though.... I have a feeling this is only the beginning....
Old 05-18-2016, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Kadest and I spent the night in Rivervale....deciding it was best to figure out Innoruuks plans in the morning.

When we woke up the next day, he said he needed something from Kaladim first....so away we went!!

It is pretty nice traveling with a druid, everything seems so much closer!!

When we got there though....the first thing he did was pick a fight with the banker!!!!

I wasn't quite sure what it was all about....but I couldn't let Kadest die before we could stop Innoruuk! So I healed his wounds a little. The banker definitely didn't like that too much..... but what did he want me to do?! I couldn't let another wood elf get beat up!!

After that we considered going back to the Burning Woods to talk to Telin....but...we also knew we would need to be our strongest if we were to stop Innoruuk!!

I told Kadest about my quest to learn the Call of Flame and how I only needed one more item for Ganelorn.....maybe if we got that first , it would better prepare us for what was coming next!!

So we left to seek out the last item....a ring from the giant hand at the bottom of old guk....

I had hunted in the upper parts of guk when I was a younger archer, but it had been so long since I was there...and traveling down to the ghoul frogs was always too dangerous.

We soon arrived in the swamp near guk and I followed Kadest ....

It seemed like we were traveling a lot longer through the swamp than it normally takes though!! In fact, I was almost positive I had seen some of the trees twice on our rout there!!!!!

I don't want to say Kadest got lost.....but he sure had a creative way of navigating swamps....

Oh well, eventually we made it!! And after drinking a couple invisibility to undead potions.....we snuck deep down into the dungeon.

I was surprised to see when we got there that the ghouls seemed a little more dead than usual.....

Had another ranger beaten us here?!

After looking around a bit, we discovered it wasn't another ranger....just a lizard and druid hiding in the corner..... guk was a pretty strange place.....

We soon found the room the hand was said to live in after that. Somehow a pool of water floating above us guarding it.....

Yup, Guk really was pretty strange....

Oh well, wood elves are renown for our great swimming abilities!!! Having been forced to often swim the channels of Crushbone for our lives!!!

After setting up, we lured the hand down through the water....the battle had begun!!!!!! Even better, I could clearly see the hand had a ring!!!

I shot arrow after arrow! Remembering to switch to my hunting bow instead of my dragons bow....knowing the dragons bow power would be suppressed!

First the hand fell.....and then all that was left was the knight....

Once the fight had finished I bent down to take the ring from the defeated foe....

But as I tried to grip it....my hand passed through the ring!! And then, the ring vanished!! It was an illusion!!!!!

Had the hand been using its magic to create a false ring?!

This was a problem...a big problem!!! We decided to rest a bit as we thought out what to do next....

After a little bit we heard fighting further down the hallway..... someone was having trouble....

We rushed down the hall and discovered a troll!! Who was attempting to battle the lords room alone!!! And the troll was losing!!!

Obviously we couldn't just let the troll perish to the ghouls!! So we stepped in!! Trying to control the situation as best we could....

I channeled as much of my power into the troll to heal its wounds.....and Kadest did his best to try and root the other ghouls.....but the troll panicked and backed into even more ghouls!!

Soon the troll fell....leaving me and Kadest.....

"Teleport us!!! Hurry!!"

"I'm out of mana!!"

It was the last thing I heard as the largest ghoul closed down on me....sinking my feet into the ground ....the last of my power draining away to try and close my wounds.....

And then things went dark.....

The next thing I knew I was in the upper parts of guk with Kadest......but nothing could see us.....were we ghosts?!?! We had to be ghosts!!!

We roamed the halls for a little bit, until we came across another dark elf....but this one was a cleric!! They are known for their ability to communicate with the dead!!

"Woooo we are the ghosts of fallen wood elves.....save usss clericccc....wwooooo".

Sure enough the cleric could hear us! If even he couldn't see us!! And he ventured into the lower parts of guk to perform his magic!

We were saved !!!! Had we not run into him, we would have likely ended up haunting the hallways forever!!

After that we returned to the commonlands.....

There I hear rumors that a rogue had snuck down to Guk several days ago...and stolen the magic hands ring. That the hand, in embarrassment, was using an illusion to pretend he still had his ring......to avoid the shame.....

Humm, perhaps I could track down that rogue....surely he would be selling it? Right? That was my next step! I had to find it! And learn the spell from Ganelorn! Not just for me....but for the world!! To stop Innoruuk!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:54 AM
Large Rat

This is a really fun thread to read and now to be part of. Lol, even more fun to run around on these adventures with you Rosen!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Aviak

I'm honored to be a part of this guild. Rosen, you're great!
Closed Thread