Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Aviak

Default (r99) UI bug on Target's HP

the last 36 hours or so. i've been experiencing a UI bug. where my target (NPC only that i've noticed) HP percentage, does not update.

i first noticed it when i was running though BW. and saw a skeleton i wanted to kill..

i rooted it, dotted it, and sat down. and wasn't really paying attention for a few ticks. i then noticed it was still at 96% hp.. after taking several hundered damage from DoT spells. and i know that the mob only has 3-5K hp.. so i loaded up a nuke spell, and started blasting.. it died. from 96% to dead..

later on, i was in a group, and i started to notice the same thing occuring... mobs would be at 90+% hp for quite a while, then just die..

i started ESC and retargeting. and their HP would update to reflect an accurate number, so its not that my client isn't aware of the correct number, it just doesn't update my UI.

it doesn't happen on every single mob.. but its happening on maybe 75% of mobs i kill. its become a little frustrating. to ESC and retarget after every spell (so i know what spell to cast next) and im wondering if anyone has any ideas for a possible solution.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:24 AM
Aviak

anyone have any ideas at all... its doing it like 100% of the time now. =(
Old 12-30-2015, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Used to have this problem but not anymore, only with pets hp. Might be client on your side?
Old 12-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Retargetting is the only thing of i know to fix this, but its a rare thing for me

Ive seen this happen to melees also and it would prevent them from attacking until they retargetted
Old 12-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Aviak

I dont melee very much except for OT hammer, since im a pure caster, but yeah, sometimes i can't hit stuff until retarget either... but i deleted my CharName_ServName configuration file (not the ini file)

and it seemed to resolve the issue, i just had to redo all my /assist macro buttons things.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Large Rat

This used to happen to me when I had something targeted and used a macro to target something else that was out of range. My target would stay the same but it wouldn't update. I haven't tested it in a while though.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Banned

has to do with either a target hotkey and the target being just on the edge of /target range

alao happens when you target something too far away from your character, happens when pulling with eyes of zomm from far away
Old 12-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Aviak

thats something i didn't consider or put together... i did just get holgresh beads, as a necro... so i use them quite a bit.. and it only started happening after i started using the beads.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:14 AM
Aviak

so i've been testing it... deleting the config file, which resolves the issue

then trying various things.. like
target macros (never used them until this test)
/assisting people (mostly solo so rarely use assist)
and holgresh beads into lifetap

it seems holgresh beads ARE the sole cause of the HP bug.

interesting, but still annoying. anyone have an idea for a fix?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:30 AM
Aviak

i really would like to find a solution or work around for this.

its pretty much game breaking for me. annoys me to the point i dont want to play.

and i dont understand why holgresh beads (or eye of zomm) would cause this interference... its really confusing..