Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Large Rat

Default "Hopping" in Cabilis Waterways

Hello and thanks for your time.
I have recently noticed that there is a small issue with swimming through the Cabilis waterways - particularly that in live a character was able to "hop" from the water to the edge of the walkways throughout the city by swimming up to the wall and looking up.

I have made several attempts to do this with my iksar characters, however am unable to do so. I am not sure if this is a result of swim skill cap, as I seem to recall that Iksar starting skill is correct in Project 1999.

I bring this up for several reasons -
http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/images/ecabilis.jpg
1) There are several areas actually under East Cabilis (several underground tunnels, notably under the SK/Shaman Guild, which also connects to an entrance in the main "lake"-like section in the middle of east cab (see "11" on eqatlas map linked). These catacombs are well-known, even mentioned in the Project 99 wiki.) There is also an area underneath the "Necro Grotto" near the arena in west cab. This area particularly has small drops which are made to be "hopped" up once you are down there so that you can exit again.
2.) The underground areas in east cab near the central lakelike area are waterways filled with barracuda etc, there are every now and then areas where you can pop out of the water for air, but you used to also be able to jump up these walls and fight the various creatures walking around in there. It was a good area to grind.
3.) Ease of travel - the ability to hop up the walls makes travelling through cabilis a much easier affair, in general.

this is mentioned in the East Cabilis entry at Allakhazam - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=96 ctrl-find the post by user Sparr for ex. :

"This is an area that most Iksar miss. In East Cabilis you can swim from the large lake area into underwater tunnels which lead to not only a bunch of fish, but abovewater caverns too. You must leap from the water to get into them. They are a series of interconnected rooms with numerous one way doors. If you go through a door and want to get back then you must hop back down into the water and swim back to an earlier point in the maze."

The mobs in this area are all lower levels, so it would make sense that they are meant to be accessable by lower level characters.

Thanks again for reading, hopefully this will help, as several players I have grouped with as an early Iksar have noticed this as well.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:17 AM
Aviak

I was able to do this "Hopping" on my female iksar monk when my husband was doing the shaman newbie quest in the catacombs, however he could not.

I think it has to do with your keyboard maybe, because I logged my monk out, logged his shaman in, and was able to make the jump. I couldn't get the shaman to make the jump on his computer/keyboard no matter what.

*edit*
It isn't easy to do. And it could be my imagination, but it seemed like the female could make it up easier than the male.
Last edited by colleekitty; 12-31-2011 at 04:21 AM..
Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Kobold

Necroing with a fix.

Reduce your max frames per second to 30 or 35. This will let you jump up like a charm. Something to do with client.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvera13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reduce your max frames per second to 30 or 35.
This.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Large Rat

Default TYYYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvera13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necroing with a fix.

Reduce your max frames per second to 30 or 35. This will let you jump up like a charm. Something to do with client.
DEAR GOD THANK U , I was getting ready to rage.