Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

they don't need to remove it...it should have its drop rate lowered so as to compensate for the modern uber game knowledge.

nobody was farming these on live. not because they weren't useful, but because few knew about them...and of those few, even fewer understood its potential.

the only time I ever saw one of these on live was basically as a toy or a bottom of the bag utility item to keep just in case. maybe others have a different memory.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Just fix the recharge exploit?
Old 04-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Kobold

They're becoming so prevalent, anyone who knows about them is using them to level their chars now.

Soon you'll be asked to have RWW just to join an xp group.

"Oh you don't have wands? Sorry, you can't get on the list. We need XP."
Old 04-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

For a reseting server, I'd prefer original broken mechanics, than modernised changed mechanics.

The goal should be to learn how to win, not change the rules so people can win only one way.

The whole game is based on our ability to bend the rules as much as possible, I fail to see a realistic point where the line should be drawn on a server where literally all of it may as well be erased in 4 years and start again.

I just feel the compromise is, if you don't like this, don't use them.

Edit I ask for this: could anyone show some fraps of people exploiting every (or any??) pug in the game with these wands? The cost is not realistic for that to be the case.
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-04-2020 at 06:50 PM..
Old 04-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean a game where monks solo the myconid king?

Speed running through classic everquest is as much of a strategy to enjoy p99 as roleplaying and hailing farmers.

If raid guilds want to speed run through a time locked server using redwood wands, IMO it's the whole point of the green server.
I wanted the game I could actually complete quests to level up. That whole classic EQ vibe.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

I wear leather while monks solo the spore king, makes no change to my life at all!

I've just seen this over and over again, some people exploit mechanics, other people get offended at the concept of it but overall, the exploit didn't stop any of us from actually enjoying the game.

Edit: The saddest thing I saw was chardok being empty after the sploit was banned on blue. On any given weekend Id be sitting there LFG in a full KC with like 12 other people waiting around for a spot to open, while chardook was just silent except for the sound of pathing sarnaks and spermies.

Redwood wands are not as powerful as chardook levelling, they just aren't! You cant maintain the plat sink while soloing your way to 60 you just wont.

They are what I believe to be, the very essence of classic everquest: Powerful magical artifacts, obtained by any that wish seek them! They are the tombs knowledge that gandalf scours through, the greed that mortal men betray each other for, they house the power that dark villains fantasize about!

They are everquest!
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-04-2020 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-04-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

100% even Verant would have nerfed this if it was going on during live.

Gameplay emerges differently here than it did on live or even blue. The mission statement of the server isn't to recreate all the rules and decisions from live, it is to recreate classic EQ. Sometimes, to do that, you have to create rules specific to the gameplay emerging today in order to protect the mission.

If a new emerging gameplay is changing the game then the devs have the precedent and the reason to step in. Honestly, I'm not sure how bad this in changing gameplay here. According to some the prevalence is already beyond super saturated...
Old 04-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Kobold

Why would you group with these when you can solo an entire camp then just recharge while you wait on respawns with the money you just made...
Old 04-04-2020, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah true but that is a subjective goal, but I can tell you this much, I promise we wont see these items breaking anyones gameplay on green and maybe only being a factor at those 150 person raids.

And its true verant didnt nerf this, and the item did exist back then, so what better place to go experience that than then a resetting p99 server?

Removing the item objectively takes away what others subjectively think is classic while its not the other way around. You don't have to use them and they wont stop you from playing.

So that's why I argue against this.

Edit: On blue, where the game lasts forever, nerf em up, change the game however idc, but not on the OG resetting server. This wont feel like it did back then, ever, you cant chase that dragon.

Edit Edit: I feel this way about the lists too, I also think we shoulda been looking at black while medding to level 35 until we figured out something better. So I fully expect to be on the wrong side of this one too and that we will see a nerf. Also item linking! Coulda got rid of that too, but you guys are so fickle! :P

But I don't agree!
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-04-2020 at 08:04 PM..
Old 04-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you group with these when you can solo an entire camp then just recharge while you wait on respawns with the money you just made...
Sounds good/bad but it's not real, these camps just dont exist, players have come close to breaking even but only in a few areas that I've ever heard of.
Closed Thread