Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...ght=Channeling

This seems to line up with what I remember.

But comparing it to P99, our Corner Casting isn't quite as good as they're talking about. Maybe they are exaggerating, but I get interrupted a decent amount when I'm cornered with 2-3 mobs on me on P99.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

I remember Clerics finding a corner - starting to cast Complete Heal - running in a big circle away from mobs and then going back to the same corner before channeling is done and being able to finish the cast. Not sure if that works here or not.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 07-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...ght=Channeling

This seems to line up with what I remember.

But comparing it to P99, our Corner Casting isn't quite as good as they're talking about. Maybe they are exaggerating, but I get interrupted a decent amount when I'm cornered with 2-3 mobs on me on P99.
I :feel: that my channeling does not work well enough when I've got myself cornered, and that channeling works too well when I'm getting beat on in the open, especially when I'm on a slope. As I recall it on live:
- channeling when being beat on while standing on a slope was nigh miraculous, a single mob could often prevent me casting,
- channeling failed often when being beat on by multiple mobs on flat ground, less often with a single mob on me,
- channeling failed rarely vs. a single mob when I got my back against a flat wall, more often with multiple mobs when backed up against a wall, and
- channeling failures while cornered were rare as hen's teeth (except for bash/stun of course).

The slope thing might have been an overreaction to a few bad results, I definitely took to avoiding that situation as much as possible. Or maybe melee push actually shoved you around more on uneven ground.

It seems as small position changes (i.e. melee push) don't count for quite enough. Cornering myself doesn't seem to help as much as it should, but that could be because channeling without a wall to stop me being pushed works a bit too well. And yeah, whoever mentioned channeling underwater, that sucked on live a lot more than it seems to here.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking a little while ago while I casted an allure through my VoG hasted/dual wielding pet + another mob on me for the 4th time after charm broke that I should make a thread about channeling rate.

Try it on live if you want. If a dev is interested I have a level 60 vintage caster (channeling skill / no fancy new gear) to compare to live.

If we could knock this down so gaining agro on a caster is significant, that'd be cool with me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Were you Runed? Because bash doesn't work right and you should have been bash interrupted.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Banned

Didn't even need rune

Channeling long charms through pet break np, holds basically forever
Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Developer

I am looking at adding a small buffer around ur loc to improve corner casting. And increasing mod for movement.

H
Old 07-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't even need rune

I don't see how this is possible. I charmed killed in HS from 54 > 60 and I never hasted my pet. I was unable to recast charm on my pet after it broke (Thrall of Bones - 6sec cast) with out getting interrupted. I had to have up fast casting screaming terror in order to stun it and then charm. If two mobs were on me I would have to FD as I couldn't even get off a root without interruption.

Were you killing low level greens that were missing you? Were you standing in a corner? I can reproduce the results I listed in HS all day long, so if Haynar needs to see it then it would only take a minute.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 07-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Developer

I see an issue with channeling skill being too good possibly.

What are max channeling skills? Dont have that info here. Say for CLR, ENC and NEC at 60?
Old 07-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Didn't even need rune

Hasted mobs outright kill me on recharm if I don't have a rune up. I don't see how you cast Allure and lived.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasted mobs outright kill me on recharm if I don't have a rune up. I don't see how you cast Allure and lived.
He cheats. He has a macro that readjusts his position to start casting loc dynamically. F***ing hackers.

H