Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Developer

It may be the push code. I probably need it to only push in the smallest increment the client uses, 0.125. That will add a small buffer. The channeling chance may just need tweaked.

H
Old 07-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I didnt read through all the posting but ive run a good 10 feet ahead of me to cancel and spell and still had the spell channel through. ducking isnt something i use to do so it slips my mind occasionally so i run around to stop spell casting and on a few times ive had the spell channel through when i ran back and forward real quick(guessing landed in same spot so it checked and i was still there and it casted) but never had it where i ran in 1 direction for 3 seconds and it still channeled through til that one day.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Channeling is 200 on NEC, I assume it is the same on all casters.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't even need rune

Channeling long charms through pet break np, holds basically forever
as others said, this is straight up not true on higher level pets

i hope you are being honest with this bug report nirgon
Old 07-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

I think the fizzle rate might be a bit too low too. Especially on the Cannibalize line of spells, these had a much higher rate of fizzling on live compared to other spells.

Honestly I think NPC channeling is fine. I've seen raid mobs channel gate with a serious push being applied. Aaryonar on the Velious beta server was insane, we were pushing her all the way down the hall and she would still channel gate. I don't even remember her using gate on live, and if she did it was insignificant because I don't remember her ever gating even after dozens and dozens of kills. I'd maybe even suggest NPC channeling rates to be lower, but Nirgon might pop a blood vessel at such a suggestion.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasted mobs outright kill me on recharm if I don't have a rune up. I don't see how you cast Allure and lived.
I have a very long string of 1s and 0s that I feed through an encrypted program that alerts me when my charm spell has broken and I recast it. Much too complicated to go into any real detail here.

I'm being honest too.. happy to log in and have an EQ date with HPH to demo. Classic hating scum/classic mechanic cowards not invited.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking a little while ago while I casted an allure through my VoG hasted/dual wielding pet + another mob on me for the 4th time after charm broke that I should make a thread about channeling rate.
I notice you didn't post any logs.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm being honest too.. happy to log in and have an EQ date with HPH to demo. Classic hating scum/classic mechanic cowards not invited.
Too hostile. Take a break.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too hostile. Take a break.
Ain't hostile just sayin' mosta ya'll not invited to the pixel party.

I can dig up the logs when I get home... its easy enough to use GM commands to test it in literally less than 40 seconds :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubosaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how this is possible. I charmed killed in HS from 54 > 60 and I never hasted my pet. I was unable to recast charm on my pet after it broke (Thrall of Bones - 6sec cast) with out getting interrupted.
Did you not train OP CHANNELING P99LAWLS from your guild master? Try the masters in Neriak or Erudin.

Pras HPH may he fixed pending update for 5000 years.
Last edited by Nirgon; 07-16-2014 at 08:50 PM..
Old 07-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Developer

Quote:
Pras HPH may he fixed pending update for 5000 years.
I am thinking I need a good idea, and do a kickstarter. 5000 years is too long.

Until then, will do a little here and there. I will try to stick with little adjustments.

H