Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 10:00 PM
Orc

Default Recommended items and quests for a Necro (green)

Hi all,

I'm a new to necromancer player on the green server. I was wondering if there is any recommendations from you veterans. Ie quests and low to mid level items that help out a lot. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Velak
Old 03-04-2020, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

• Get asap: pet spell, a full set of bags, a cracked staff or a rusty dagger (sharpen it with a sharpening stone to take off 2 delay).
• If you're an Erudite or Human, a light source. Summoned: Coldstone from the level 1 spell, a fire beetle eye, a lightstone, a preserved split paw eye, or various other items will work.
•*Most of the famous exp quests are not available to necros due to faction issues.
• At some point, your pet will start eating exp if it does more than half of the damage to a monster. I'm not sure if that happens yet on Green; if not, it will be patched in later. Anyway, being in a group prevents your pet from stealing exp.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjumpin85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
low to mid level items that help out a lot
https://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer is meant to be the wiki page for this, but it's very Blue-focused at the moment. Maybe someone can add some Green suggestions?

For everything else, I'd check the Necromancer page and the various Necromancer player guides.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer is meant to be the wiki page for this, but it's very Blue-focused at the moment. Maybe someone can add some Green suggestions?

For everything else, I'd check the Necromancer page and the various Necromancer player guides.
Echoing Loramin's suggestions. Having never played a necro myself, I have referenced Sesserdrix's All in One Necromancer Strategy Guide quite a few times. I used the Detailed Necromancer Gear Guide as a rough outline for what gear to look out for on Green. Other than that, once the SolRo quests open up in June, we'll have a few items we can quest for.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:51 PM
Kobold

If you roll Erudite, you can do the Useless Cloth Cap quest in Toxx Forest. It gives exp and a random gem up to Emerald, which you can sell for 12pp.
Closed Thread