Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Charm is only a problem at lower levels when youre trying to charm something too high and its breaking every 20 seconds and draining the healer, other than that charm is disgustingly OP
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-31-2020, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

After watching the videos i watched on enchanters yesterday on youtube, I'm super inspired to main one next time a new server opens. I have an enchanter myself but never took the class serious. They can pull some of the craziest dungeon crawls ever lol
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 04-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I for one leave groups if the Enchanter insists on using any pet, wether charmed or illusion. Enchanters at any level only have enough mana to keep dps hasted, and if 29+ Clarity up on casters, while keeping the pulls stacked up waiting for the dps to kill. Folks who say their charmed pet is awesome dps, I agree, but(and it in my opinion is a big but) is that while they are trying to keep their charmed pet charmed, and wasting healers mana on healing them, they do no contribute as much dps to group as they seem to think. If you are a Enchanter in a group and you are full mana, and want to dps, you have nukes and Dots, and if you are not full mana, then med. I played on Live many years ago, and if an enchanter used a charmed pet in groups, they were not welcome, for the same reasons they should not be using charm on P99 servers.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector58 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one leave groups if the Enchanter insists on using any pet, wether charmed or illusion. Enchanters at any level only have enough mana to keep dps hasted, and if 29+ Clarity up on casters, while keeping the pulls stacked up waiting for the dps to kill. Folks who say their charmed pet is awesome dps, I agree, but(and it in my opinion is a big but) is that while they are trying to keep their charmed pet charmed, and wasting healers mana on healing them, they do no contribute as much dps to group as they seem to think. If you are a Enchanter in a group and you are full mana, and want to dps, you have nukes and Dots, and if you are not full mana, then med. I played on Live many years ago, and if an enchanter used a charmed pet in groups, they were not welcome, for the same reasons they should not be using charm on P99 servers.
Oh man you're wrong lol. A "good" enchanter keeps rune up, a pet, an still provides cc, haste and clarity every 30 mins... If they can't they need more practice. Take baby steps by not Hasting the charmed pet lol.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 04-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector58 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have parsers to backup such claims? My hasted charmed pets destroys any player dps and I'm able to keep feeble dps aug'd
Old 04-02-2020, 08:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Obvious Obvious Troll here guys - please do not feed.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

It depends on the group, especially in vanilla and new server.

Charmed pets only increase exp if there enough mobs around to keep the killing going. If you clear your area and have a charmed pet you are adding lots of risk and difficulty for very little gain.

Sometimes folks don't want the best exp per time...they want the easiest exp...so there have been times when I've sighed playing my cleric when I wanted to chill while playing and a chanter shows up that needs to be baby sat b/c they are likely to die on every charm break. Pretty much changes the laid back easy watch youtube group into a headache.

But, yah...chanters that don't charm usually are crappy.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:32 AM
Aviak

Situational.

If the group has solid DPS: Puller should go into overdrive and bring in as many as the CC chanter can handle, the chanter keeps them mezzed, racked and stacked and ready for the DPS grinder. Every now and then group can take a break, then turn the exp machine back on. This is actually the fastest exp I believe. A charmed pet in this situation is too risky, dealing with a single charm break will bring the whole house of cards tumbling down. I've been part of some INSANE pulls in MM courtyard and SolA using this setup, with 10 or more mobs on lockdown (hard to count when it's that crazy!
I just know I would hit the far right with AE mez and lock down 4, then hit far left with AE mez and hopefully lock down a different 4, single mez any left over, and keep cycling the AE mez left and right), it was glorious.

If the group has low DPS: Chanter needs to find a charm pet. Best = a rogue class green pet. Do your homework, check the wiki and figure out which are the rogues, find them and charm them, put a torch on them to unlock dual wield, park them across the room, and get busy. Best to bio before you charm, because once that thing is charmed you aren't going AFK for anything.

Yes, the charmed pet is a huge DPS kick, but if group doesn't need it, if the majority of time is being spent with a charmed pet just sitting and waiting on puller to bring in targets that die in 10 seconds, the charmed pet is a needless risk and a misuse of the chanter resource.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm is only a problem at lower levels when youre trying to charm something too high and its breaking every 20 seconds and draining the healer, other than that charm is disgustingly OP
Yea I prefer to Charm something lower level at any given camp than a mob most other people would charm at said camp. It'll still put out absurd DPS and makes for a much more relaxing experience for me (the chanter)
Old 04-05-2020, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Situational.

If the group has solid DPS: Puller should go into overdrive and bring in as many as the CC chanter can handle, the chanter keeps them mezzed, racked and stacked and ready for the DPS grinder. Every now and then group can take a break, then turn the exp machine back on. This is actually the fastest exp I believe. A charmed pet in this situation is too risky, dealing with a single charm break will bring the whole house of cards tumbling down. I've been part of some INSANE pulls in MM courtyard and SolA using this setup, with 10 or more mobs on lockdown (hard to count when it's that crazy!
I just know I would hit the far right with AE mez and lock down 4, then hit far left with AE mez and hopefully lock down a different 4, single mez any left over, and keep cycling the AE mez left and right), it was glorious.

If the group has low DPS: Chanter needs to find a charm pet. Best = a rogue class green pet. Do your homework, check the wiki and figure out which are the rogues, find them and charm them, put a torch on them to unlock dual wield, park them across the room, and get busy. Best to bio before you charm, because once that thing is charmed you aren't going AFK for anything.

Yes, the charmed pet is a huge DPS kick, but if group doesn't need it, if the majority of time is being spent with a charmed pet just sitting and waiting on puller to bring in targets that die in 10 seconds, the charmed pet is a needless risk and a misuse of the chanter resource.
Yea this is why I rerolled from Monk....too much damned work!
Closed Thread