Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Sarnak

The first thing that should be added for donating members is a sub-forum or command in game to petition into a special queue that has higher priority. I do not think anyone on the server can really have a problem with this. There is a ton of things like this that don't effect the game per say but have an impact on peoples enjoyment of it.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings,

Currently, we are doing decent with donations. We thank all the people who have donated very much, as this keeps the server going.

However many of you have noticed a lot of recent lag spikes at random times during the day. These are not DDoS Attacks, merely our current data center and it's upstream providers having issues. Taking this into consideration, as well as our growing population, which as we suspect will continue to grow for multiple reasons (such as news websites picking up on the hype), and to prepare for a population surge I'm sure will come with Kunark many months down the road, we have decided to act now to improve this situation. Currently we have two servers, one colocated and one rented, in the same data center, with a private link for internal communications. We are initializing a project to stop the lease on the rented server and build another colocated server (The first colo server was built and mostly funded by myself and used partially for the running of this website, eqemulator, and the loginserver). Both colocated servers will then be moved into an already chosen data center with much better connectivity and reviews, into their own lan configuration.

We have a good leg up on donations to begin this project but we still need some more to complete it. This is not a desperate request to fund the server, and we are not in a rough situation that requires this to continue operations, however we do request that anyone enjoying this server consider contributing what they are able to to help the future of the server.

Donation incentives are forthcoming, and those who have already donated will receive them as well. We are still deciding on what to award donations with, but rest assured we will not be awarding ingame items or game changing / advantage-giving rewards.

Thanks.
Only thing I could think of is have their ingame name if provided announced server wide, sort of a fame type deal and also posted on the forums but not all wish to be named though, I dont see what else there could be... maybe sign a deal with some company who will make Project 1999 T-shirts and mail them one after a donation of $10 or more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Large Rat

donated 15$ and intend to do so again over a period of time - i payed 30$ for station access and didn't have nearly this much fun!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Kobold

sent $50. keep up the good work.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

After spending the entire weekend glued to my PC, I can no longer ignore my addiction. $20 coming your way!

If you're looking for ideas for incentives, I'd like to suggest something like special in-game and/or forum titles. Has absolutely no effect on gameplay, but still allows folks to stand out.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Donated the remainder of my paypal account, $96.36 headed your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

how about adding a title to your in game character? Or maybe some kind of particle effect weapon (like how epics has stuff coming out of the weps) but with no damage or delay
Old 03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

perhaps the ability to dye armour.

though this is an in-game thing, not really "game changing"

Titles would be interesting, they made old EverQuest interesting to see people with "The Blessed" or whatever. Again not really "game changing" but they are "in game"
Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Aviak

I am expecting objections but I think a very small experience bonus for donators would be fair.

It wouldn't really affect anything except maybe shave off a couple of days worth of leveling in the long run.

Could limit it to certain underused classes? Could even limit it to the first 20 levels? or 10 levels?

The more I type and read what i've typed the more complicated to implement this sounds, lol.

ps. just donated $30
Old 03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Kobold

Yep, sent a total of $150.00 from a Paypal account that has a different name when I first joined up a couple months ago.

Keep up the the great work and thanks for all the fun so far.

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Last edited by Brund the Decrepit; 03-16-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Closed Thread