Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember my highschool buddy stealing wurmslayers from people. Before item linking was a thing and everyone put items in trade to show item stats. He'd ask random people to show him the stats in trade, and knowing that wurmslayer is a giant sized item, it would drop on the ground when trade window was closed if the person didn't have a general inventory slot open or a giant sized bag. Think he got 3-4 wurmslayers that way. He was pretty scummy really. Sold dragon scales he got from his guild for his warrior epic too and was guild kicked for it, lol.
lmao... it really was the wild wild west back then. It's actually something I like a little more on p99 vs EQ in 1999. You can actually trust people here. Nobody is trying to stab you in the back for personal gain (to that extent at least). Kind of like diablo 2 back in the day.

Man it was fun though
Old 12-16-2020, 07:56 AM
Sarnak

I just googled my old guilds from the glory days of 2000-2002. I was on the tribunal server and was part of three guilds:

Norrath Mystics
Eternal Heroes
Twilight Resurrection

I found some old info on the last two which was awesome! I couldn't find anything on Norrath Mystics though. They were my first guild and it was a small, casual family style guild. One of our members made T-shirts with our guild name and logo on one side and our main characters name on the other. I still have that T-shirt.

Norrath Mystics > Kaluppo Elfwood

Man does that bring back the nostalgia train.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-16-2020, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

I do miss being able to drop coins on the ground.

There was no drop confirmation either so people would ask you to open a trade window and hope you just dropped it on the floor. Guys would sit in the fire near shady swashbuckler and all the fire sprites would cause you to not click on the person. Old school game scams.

It felt a little more open world. In that sense we have a lot more GM support back then you were just screwed.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Loved all these posts of other people's guilds from live! I think we got some good information from doing so, as it looks like there should be more crocs and sand giants in oasis! haha.

If you're reading this post, google your guild from live! Show us what u find
Old 02-12-2021, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

I can't remember what my guild's name was, but I googled my character's name and all that comes up is an Amazon review I apparently wrote back in 2001 for Shadows of Luclin. It's such a trip because apparently I wrote the word "love" as "luv" which I would've thought wouldn't be in character for even 14-year-old me. I also talked about how the 10 bucks a month wasn't a big deal since who doesn't make 10 bucks an hour, but I was in high school and had never had a job. Also, for some reason Amazon has my rating as 3/5 stars even though I'm giving it a glowing review.

Actually, the name of the guild just now came back to me. No website for us, but for some reason another guild on the server had meetings and someone actually took minutes of the meeting, recording what everyone said lol and my guild was mentioned as not having beef with theirs - I guess because our guild was a created from members that left theirs.
Closed Thread