Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Default Feeling Lost in Mid-Levels

Hoping some helpful suggestions can get me back on track.

I now have 4 characters and all in the same-ish level range:
36 Paladin
36 Bard
28 Enchanter
27 Rogue

Most have followed a CB > Unrest > MM path. They are my highest level characters, and most have around ~200 - 1000pp in gear. So no crazy items.

MM seems to only realistically support 1 group at the 35-40 range, so my Bard and Paladin feel stuck waiting in queues to maybe get a group at the end of my play session.

The Enchanter has been a breath of fresh air because I can solo so effectively. I’ve been doing upper guk and having a lot of fun, but things are starting to green out.

Given my 4 characters, where would you park them to find groups? I’m happy playing any of these 4 classes, but with only 1-2 hour play sessions most of the week, I can’t spend an hour waiting on a group slot. Any grouping zones that can support a bunch of players?

Thanks for any recommendations!
Old 10-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Have you retired swarm kiting on the bard? This is the fastest way to level once you get the hang of it. I think at 36 it would be OT, but I’ve never barded. Bard can also charm solo, wh which is easier done in outdoor zone.

Paladin - MM or lguk is where I would go. If you go lguk there might be some undead near the zone in you can solo while you lfg.

Rogue - I’d go to hhk and try to get in goblin group. Xp is insane and ears can help accelerate or turn into pp.

Ench - hhk would also be good and if you don’t care about faction you could kill guards solo if goblins are camped and group is full. Uguk is fine and different areas of the zone have higher level mobs. Ench can basically solo or group any in any level appropriate zone. Some other ideas - Cazic Thule gator tunnels or sol a.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:33 AM
Banned

Enchanter and Rogue - High Keep Goblins

Paladin and Bard - MM Castle Entrance

I hate leveling 35-40...seems like such a dead spot.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Kobold

@Supa
I’ve avoided swarm kiting on Bard because I prefer the group experience and playing CC. I have done some Fear/Slow kiting of giants for the Lambert armor quest. I heard SolA might be a good option but it’s been mostly dead.

For a Paladin in LGuk, where would I bind? Corpse runs sound like a nightmare. With Enchanter I just bound outside the zone. Never done LGuk, so if there’s a decent bind spot I’ll give it a shot.

@Scaring
Interesting you also find 35-40 a dead spot. I’ve had a blast getting 4 characters to 30, but it just felt like a wall at 35. Does 40 get better? And why?
Old 10-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Scaring
Interesting you also find 35-40 a dead spot. I’ve had a blast getting 4 characters to 30, but it just felt like a wall at 35. Does 40 get better? And why?
In my opinion, 40 gets a lot better.

But I guess it depends on how you feel about City of Mist.

I personally love City of Mist. You can easily go 40-50 there and can stay there after 50 if you want.

It's an 'outdoor' dungeon, with nicely defined camps, a few weapon drops (even if they're cheap), and it's WAY easier to find groups there than say, Mistmoore.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Kobold

At 35 if you can rustle up a couple friends, FV drolvargs are fun. Low ZEM but tons of space to fight, and you can fight unmolested near the zoneline. Low stress, and the snarlers are good up til 40. Canine turn-ins are a great exp boost for good races too.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:12 AM
Aviak

Google superuser here. Typed in "p99 leveling" and got https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide as first result.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Sometimes you just gotta suck it up, wait for groups, and griiiiind it out.

Something that really helps is actually talking to people -- don't just /ooc at the zoneline and expect people to send you tells. Get an invis and actually walks up to the group you'd like to join and send specific people tells, ask who the group leader (GL) is. I've often gotten spots in groups because people didn't necessarily want my particular class in their group enough to send *me* a tell, but when I was there "in person" they just decided to say fuck it and shoot me an invite.

If that doesn't work, ask the GL to put you on the list and then log over to one of your other characters -- keep in touch with the GL from your alt, checking in with a tell every so often.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

sola might be another option. I don't often see full groups there, but duos/trios are there all the time. Good races slaughtering goblins. Evil races can stay at gnomes through the low 40s.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Banned

Paladin could do Hags in unrest solo I would think breaking might be tricky depending on gear.

SolA duo/trio is best exp lvl 35-40

40 enchanter duo with a cleric 40-50 in kaesora/com/solb you’ll feel like your doing lvls 10-20 again it will go so fast
Closed Thread