Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 10:17 AM
Kobold

In the mid 30s, I often brought my characters to Overthere. There are usually a few people or a full group or two killing mobs near SF zone line.
Tooround Tofit - 60 Ogre Warrior
Flyhalf - 58 Halfling Cleric
Eamonn - 55 Half Elf Bard
Blood Guard
Old 10-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Banned

I leveled my Rogue from 34 to 40 at Overthere Ramp.

There used to be a lot more groups there in the past though. Not sure how it is now.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:15 AM
Orc

You could try getting to the LOIO or Iceclad for 27-35ish and then move on to Mines of Nurga or Crystal Caverns.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MM seems to only realistically support 1 group at the 35-40 range, so my Bard and Paladin feel stuck waiting in queues to maybe get a group at the end of my play session.
Semi off topic but this reminds me MM used to have a 2nd courtyard group in the back by where dhamp spawns, but I never see groups there anymore.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Banned

Assemble your own band of merry men for an adventure!! Don't sit around waiting for somebody to respond to your lfg..
Old 11-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get an invis and actually walks up to the group you'd like to join and send specific people tells, ask who the group leader (GL) is. I've often gotten spots in groups because people didn't necessarily want my particular class in their group enough to send *me* a tell, but when I was there "in person" they just decided to say fuck it and shoot me an invite.
This has always worked fantastically for my rogue, both live and on p99

EDIT: that also lets you scope out the group's classes and you can /tell the person who you'd most likely replace to see if they need a rep anytime soon
Old 11-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Orc

Lake of Ill Omen - Sarnak Fort
The sarnak in the fort drop gems up to black pearls more often that the frogloks in lower guk and have good amounts of cash and other loot. They are about the right level to be blue and dark green to your guys. The sarnak earing of station can drop plus the bracer of the hidden and other items you can just vendor. One of the few vendors a good race can use is in zone at the windmill and it is close to FV for banking and restocking. There are many single pull spots, and for your guys that can Calm you will never run out of mobs to kill. At your level you can camp the sarnak Courier for the Goblin Gazughi Ring also, but the mobs will mostly be green.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for the Skyfire ramp in OT
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

Frontier mountains giants are a lot of fun and can provide some decent loot. Good for levels 30 to 40.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:47 AM
Large Rat

So if your looking for somewhere to play and lvl I think Velious is the place to go with your bard. At 36 you should be able to do the tizmak caves (great divide) for a good few more lvls. then when they turn green go to the kodiak caves for a little bear hunting. When those turn green you can go to Eastern wastes for walrus and then some rygorr followed by giants. when your done there go to the shardworm caves back in great divide and you can go all the way (slowly but steadily) to 60. I always charmed or fear kited. but there will be some opertunitey to swarm if thats what you do
Good luck
Closed Thread