Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for sharing man! I love old websites like this especially of the EQ variety.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 10-16-2020, 11:41 AM
Banned

Cool stuff here - really like this type of posts!
Old 11-20-2020, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a lot of old-timers still playing on my old Tallon Zek server, I was surprised.
https://tallonzektimes.org/bb/index....ers/agrul.256/
https://tallonzektimes.org/bb/index....-i-miss.14784/

In era guild names.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:57 AM
Aviak

https://legacyofsteel.net/

Nostalgia is one hell of a fucking drug.
Last edited by Barik; 11-20-2020 at 11:00 AM..
Old 11-20-2020, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

This is pure gold. I am so jacked right now.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

There is a beta section too. This is such a gold mine.

Everyone take note that they documented players who were like level 7. In the good old days it really took an exceptional and rare level of commitment to become a level 50 and it was epic to hit 60 once kunark came out.

Amazing
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-20-2020 at 01:48 PM..
Old 11-20-2020, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And was astonished to find that our guild website from 1999 is still up and running. <Noble Lions> off of the Tarew Marr server. One of the tabs listed was "Stories of the Noble Lions" Which basically is a chronicle of the members first month on the server (march 1999-april 1999) There's a couple really old screenshots of the first days of Norrath, I figured i'd share incase anyone wanted to see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://noblelions.tripod.com/stories.htm (the rest of the screenshots are here if interested)

From the guild charter on the main page, it states "We believe that favors done to others will be returned some day." I still remember the day the guild leader, Emils, gifted a 10 year old me a Wurmslayer. My father tried to refuse his offer, as it was too much wealth to be given to a level 20 warrior. I remember Emils telling my dad that spreading the wealth is part of being with the guild. That we help each other. Man... I told everyone I had a Wurmslayer. I told people in real life who didn't even own a computer that I had a Wurmslayer. Felt like a rock star with that big ass thing in my hand.

Combing through this old web site, it brought me back to a lot of great memories. A lot of things were different. There was true wonder. The world was so gigantic, and more than it was expansive, it was dangerous. But it's truly hilarious how some things are exactly the same as they were 20 years ago. Such as the "Friends and Foes" Tab

"Guilds I know and think well of:
Raveging Knights : Despite the name, the people I have met have been very good. Lenah (for example).

Amber Knights : The people I have met have been good.

Guilds I'm not convinced about:
Holy Order of the Appocolypse : No real feeling for them. I have seen them around but never really talked to any of the members.

Syndicate : A very large UO guild, not obvious that the people on EQ are all that good.

Guilds I don't much like:
Tal'Morr : Not liked even though Dave joined it. Both Loric and Melikki have had bad experiences with members of this guild. This guild has not been much in evidence lately.

Dogs of War : Tend to be kill stealers. Not all bad but not very nice either. "

Calling whole guilds cheaters since March 1999. Some things never change.

Last thing, if you're a new warrior to the p99 blue server, I have a gigantic sword for you in memory of Emils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] message me
When games were still games.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

And boys were men. (and darkelves)
Old 11-21-2020, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

I remember my highschool buddy stealing wurmslayers from people. Before item linking was a thing and everyone put items in trade to show item stats. He'd ask random people to show him the stats in trade, and knowing that wurmslayer is a giant sized item, it would drop on the ground when trade window was closed if the person didn't have a general inventory slot open or a giant sized bag. Think he got 3-4 wurmslayers that way. He was pretty scummy really. Sold dragon scales he got from his guild for his warrior epic too and was guild kicked for it, lol.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

I was in a guild called "Call of Heroes". Most of the other players were in the navy in the Pacific on an aircraft carrier or something. The leader was a fella from Kansas but I don't remember the others. They were really helpful.
Closed Thread