Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-22-2024, 11:20 PM
Large Rat

Default Noob alert <it's me>

Hi All!
Venturing back to Norrath after a very long hiatus and rolled a wizard. Fairly casual but social Aussie player,
Should I wait? I've read around the possible merge/restart and from what I can see there's nothing official on it happening but I may have missed something.
What are the best places to /ooc ? Used to enjoy the EC/Ro/Oasis level route to 20 way back when but curious if it's changed these days.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2024, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome!

Merge / restart talk is nothing but wishful conjecture / trolling. Have fun on your chosen server, if a new server ever starts you can choose to have fun on that too if you want to.

Not so many people levelling up atm. I’m London time and even at 50s there isn’t exactly a plethora of groups.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-23-2024, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Merger is just a wishful fantasy that most seem to have given up on. It could be tomorrow or maybe never.

Even if they merge, there needs to be a fresh for it to impact you choice.

Wizard also has nothing to gain from fresh other than farming manastone which no shitting you was a 2-4 day non-stop camp and the item is pretty useless even for wizards and mostly a status symbol/gimmick. Oh yeah, there's guise in classic which is neat but pointless if you are already a dark elf wizard.

On the flip side it's WAY easier to get VP keyed and to get ur Epic now.

As for leveling, wizards solo 1-60. If you don't want to solo and AFK a lot, don't pick a wizard.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merger is just a wishful fantasy that most seem to have given up on. It could be tomorrow or maybe never.

Even if they merge, there needs to be a fresh for it to impact you choice.

Wizard also has nothing to gain from fresh other than farming manastone which no shitting you was a 2-4 day non-stop camp and the item is pretty useless even for wizards and mostly a status symbol/gimmick. Oh yeah, there's guise in classic which is neat but pointless if you are already a dark elf wizard.

On the flip side it's WAY easier to get VP keyed and to get ur Epic now.

As for leveling, wizards solo 1-60. If you don't want to solo and AFK a lot, don't pick a wizard.
To be fair, as a new player starting out on an old server with very few people leveling, you kind of HAVE to solo. Both Blue and Green are in a bit of a depressing state at the moment. A lot of players have been poached to servers like Quarm and those that remain seem to mostly be sticking to high level content. After that new TLP server launches on May 22, I expect P99 to feel like a ghost town. Good luck finding any leveling groups.

It's not unusual to see zones like Crushbone completely deserted atm.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back! I would definitely say don't wait for news of a merger, nobody knows when or if that's going to happen. As others said the leveling scene isn't as active, particularly at lower levels. But a wizard is not exactly group-dependent, or desired, they're built for quadding.