Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All true EQ fans should have both a heart and a brain
Many actual EQ players seem to be deficient in one or the other....or both.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who doesn't see Pantheon as our last great hope for a modern "old school style" MMOG has no heart. Anyone who expects ... well, pretty much anything, from a former drug addict who defrauded his investors, has no brain.

All true EQ fans should have both a heart and a brain, even though that's inherently a contradiction.
How exactly is having both a heart and a brain a contradiction?
Old 10-16-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly is having both a heart and a brain a contradiction?
Man, you even quoted my entire post ... and then you ask a question about the last sentence, completely ignoring everything before it?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Man, you even quoted my entire post ... and then you ask a question about the last sentence, completely ignoring everything before it?
I just don't understand what Pantheon has to do with either.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

If DBG wants to save money the first thing they should do is move the hell out of San Diego...
Old 10-16-2019, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

They are remote workers, or some.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-17-2019, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If DBG wants to save money the first thing they should do is move the hell out of San Diego...
They need to attract top talent so they can rehash velious for their next expansion.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-24-2019, 10:41 PM
Kobold

DBG died the moment they were created. A few months prior I quit EQ2 after ten years of on and off playing it. I could smell death in the water. SoE was dying much earlier than that and Sony/SGEA knew this hence why they sold the rights to these worthless IP's to some unknown financial company.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their biggest mistake was cancelling EQ Next, it didn't look great as time went on (versus the original SOE trailer) but I think there'd have been a revenue stream from it if they'd done it properly.
EQ Next's debut video on youtube couldn't even muster up a million views on Youtube within a year of its release. That's red flags all over. If a veteran IP can't even gain that while other games in niche franchises can easily break 2 million in a single week, than you have to ask whether or not the IP is worth anything. This is why the buyer of DBG was some financial company from Russia and not a recognizable game publisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon's subreddit looks to be more than half convinced that Pantheon will be dead in six months. Apparently Brad recently scrawled some meandering missive that persuaded even the hardcore that he's back to snorting up budgets.
Lol I wouldn't be surprised. Vanguard taught me a lot. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Closed Thread