Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have 1-60 mentioned in this thread, yet your post requires 40+ and OP is in 30s. I am in my teens. Is the guild thread just outdated or are you only taking 40+?
So what Zipity said is true in a sense that we do have guildies 1-60 in the guild that regularly group with each other. The vast majority however are alts or folks returning after a 10 month MIA for Kunark.

Grouping with Black Lotus at the level you are at however is a great way to get to know us and see if our community could be a good fit for your personality (Some of us have a twisted sense of humor....). It also helps with having people who can vouch for your application later on. This is how we have gotten a lot of our favorite people, actually.

The main reason why we require 40+ for now (which may be slightly outdated, as discussions have been had about raising it to 46+ (because of planar lockouts)).. is that the formal app period is for our members to get a feel for a person and see if they are a good fit. And we really can't do that if your character can't come hang out with all of us.

If you have any questions specific to recruitment things, please feel free to hit up Aenia (or Ainea), our recruitment officer. I hope this clarification doesn't fully knock us out of consideration. We are one of the smaller raiding guilds on the server, but our people are skilled and we manage to get a lot done. We are always looking for good people with the same humor and mindset as us.

I hope this helped =)

-Faerie
Old 01-14-2021, 03:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what Zipity said is true in a sense that we do have guildies 1-60 in the guild that regularly group with each other. The vast majority however are alts or folks returning after a 10 month MIA for Kunark.

Grouping with Black Lotus at the level you are at however is a great way to get to know us and see if our community could be a good fit for your personality (Some of us have a twisted sense of humor....). It also helps with having people who can vouch for your application later on. This is how we have gotten a lot of our favorite people, actually.

The main reason why we require 40+ for now (which may be slightly outdated, as discussions have been had about raising it to 46+ (because of planar lockouts)).. is that the formal app period is for our members to get a feel for a person and see if they are a good fit. And we really can't do that if your character can't come hang out with all of us.

If you have any questions specific to recruitment things, please feel free to hit up Aenia (or Ainea), our recruitment officer. I hope this clarification doesn't fully knock us out of consideration. We are one of the smaller raiding guilds on the server, but our people are skilled and we manage to get a lot done. We are always looking for good people with the same humor and mindset as us.

I hope this helped =)

-Faerie
I appreciate the response. Hopefully helps OP as well. I think this is a nice example of how much different EQ (not even just P99) is with guilds in general. There isn't a huge need/desire for guilds beyond raiding organization, so lowbies basically get ignored. Other systems in EQ encourage that high level to low level engagement, stuff like spell comps (bat wings, skellie bone chips) and crafting items (pelts, silks, etc), but for the guild aspect there is really no point that I can see for the guild itself to want someone to join below current raid level/gearing.

Aside from a guild focused more on community, which EQ chat doesn't really lend itself to a ton of guild text. Might as well just /friend ppl.

Anyway, this turned into a bit weird dive into guild mechanic itself, so maybe i'll create a thread on it later. Curious if anyone has ideas for how they could have changed the guild system to give yet another interaction point for various player types. But it'll derail this thread a bit, lol, if I haven't accidentally done so already
Old 01-14-2021, 08:07 PM
Large Rat

Slightly off topic, but I’m a new to green returning player trying to find a guild or community that plays late at night/early morning NA time. I’m out in Japan, and there’s still plenty of people playing in my evening, but it’d be neat if there was a guild or discord for off peak players. I’m starting to think I should just keep track of people on an individual basis :/
Closed Thread