Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 05:20 PM
Aviak

I remember when I first played on a tlp I was like “man, traveling isn’t as bad as I remembered”. Then I had remembered that zoning took 5-20 minutes.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone who doesn't use "F" as their auto-attack key I would like to challenge to a fight IRL
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-20-2021, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who doesn't use "F" as their auto-attack key I would like to challenge to a fight IRL
I don't have auto-attack bound, a carry over from one too many new-guy mistakes back in the day. I manual click everything.

I manual twisted as a bard as well. No hotkeys. I was a darn good bard on the technical side but lacked in creativity, specifically in regards to upper end raiding.

I was a menace on North Karana Hill Giants at level 27.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah Ill be honest, when I first logged into P99 green I was confused by the UI... the way it was marketed to me by my friends it was going to be the crazy old UI that took up half the screen. I remember not being able to use mouse-look to see my surroundings in the game, which meant finding a really safe place to meditate was more critical. On p99 you are super zoomed out and can see roaming mobs coming your way for miles...
its sad that other servers like TAKP are more classic than this server.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 05-20-2021, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Back in 1999 I paid just as much attention to the F11 connectivity bar as I did to my HP bar.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:51 PM
Kobold

A dwarf war named Erny on Veeshan ninja'd a COF on a pick up nag raid during early Kunark I believe. He got so much hate from the server that he had to reroll a new toon after being denied name change.

I'm getting similar vibes from Recondo.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:58 PM
Kobold

I use ~ as my auto attack key because it’s right next to the 1 button
Old 05-20-2021, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when I first played on a tlp I was like “man, traveling isn’t as bad as I remembered”. Then I had remembered that zoning took 5-20 minutes.
Yup.. my 78 year old father still talks about that time my character got stuck on a boat for least a week because the computer wouldn't load fast enough, random disconnects, crashing during zone ins etc.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its sad that other servers like TAKP are more classic than this server.
There are things about TLP that are more classic than P99 is...

like when I first came to P99 I remembered leveling in outdoor zones 20 years ago.. I rushed to Lake of Ill Omen excited to see if I remembered the lay out of the Sarnak Fort... only to discover I was the only person in the zone.. same thing with OverThere and Dreadlands..

on TLP leveling in outdoor zones is actually the norm since a lot of them have good ZEMs and there is an unlimited amount of mobs for groups to pull.

I also remember raiding every single day/night 20 years ago. I was on Tunare, where there wasn't really a need for raiding guild, and all content was PUG'd, and I loved being able to log in whenever I wanted to and get a raid.

This was one of my complaints about WoW. Having to conform to a raid schedule instead of just logging in and playing at your own pace.. when I came to P99 I quickly realized that because of the UN or whatever, most people cannot just raid every single day or at their own pace. Most people are lucky to get to raid 1-2 days a week, if that.

On TLP this is not the case. You can find a pick up raid all hours of the day and night.

Feels a lot more like the game I remember in that regard.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use ~ as my auto attack key because it’s right next to the 1 button
Same, even in Warcraft... like in WoW you can't squander normal keys on something as basic bitch as auto attack, lol.
Closed Thread