Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumesh Uhl'Belk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hails can be faked.

put

/say Hail! Cazic Thule.

in a hotkey, spam that when you see him spawn, no need to target him or be in range.

But hey, at least we are talking about the details now. I'm glad a number of people seem to like the basic idea.
I definitely like it, not sure how to keep it from being faked though, but keep talkin!

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 06-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

bumping this. needs more debating. hopefully people havent given up on a solution

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

You know I think the thing is no one really disagrees which is why there is so little chatter.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know I think the thing is no one really disagrees which is why there is so little chatter.
No, you would be entirely too presumptuous with that belief.

FFA/FTA does not address other situations regarding raiding -- specifically mass raid target camping, and in many cases like camping will only exacerbate the situation further.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you would be entirely too presumptuous with that belief.

FFA/FTA does not address other situations regarding raiding -- specifically mass raid target camping, and in many cases like camping will only exacerbate the situation further.
Yes and no. With no first in force number they could potentially lower the number of people in the zone camping down to whatever can survive until the raid get's there. Remember they have 15 minutes to engage or they loose rights to it, no more half an hour setup, they have to have raid numbers online and ready to move.

Will it exacerbate the problem with camping Vox? Most likely, the dragons will probably be the hardest to kite and therefore the hardest to not camp, but lets be honest, there is jack in the game for level 50's to do right now until Kunark, I don't think you can fully stop camping right now even if you tried.

It's not a huge shift from the current raid rules, it simply removes the first in force requirement so 15 people do not HAVE TO camp in the zone, with the requirement gone the amount of camping is up to the individual guild and player's preference.

However it does create a set of raid rules that can stay standing up until and through any future content without breaking any play nice rules and forcing chunks of guilds to camp a zone.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

It doesn't solve camping.

Your statement there is nothing for everyone with a level 50 to do until Kunark is a fallacy of accident. If it was true, there would be much less issue over camping to begin with.

The claim FFA isn't a huge shift is incorrect when multiple groups present with minimum to engage are /randoming off right now. A dynamic rotation rather than /randoming for the target is equally as close, if not closer to that which is currently in place, and addresses the camping issue.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

There are three ways in which it addresses camping.

First, since no one has a guaranteed shot at the mob, There is no more semi-afk camping. If eyeballs are not on the screen, you will lose. This means no AFK camping.

Second, since I proposed changing the variance on mobs form +/- 48 hours to +0-12 hours, each mob will only have a 12 hour window. So, if you have proper intel, you would never camp a mob for more than 12 hours. This isn't an elimination of camping, but 12 hours is better than 4 days.... an 87.5% reduction in the maximum camp length.

Third, since the punishment I proposed for KSing is so harsh, some will chose not to stay and camp once they see that 1 or 2 guilds are already there. As the number of guilds at the target increases, the decreasing chance that they will get first aggro will be outweighed by the increasing chance that they will fuck it up and get banned.

The amount, degree, and nature of camping would most certainly be altered by my proposal. Furthermore, as the number of targets increase, the system only gets better.
Closed Thread