Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are running down the road of lock/R&F post move by Aeolwind.

Come up with something constructive to say, whether for or against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumesh Uhl'Belk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First Aggro + 15
==========
The first guild (or non-guild based raid force) to aggro a raid target gets 15 minutes to begin the fight as long as they maintain unbroken chain of aggro for the whole 15 minutes. No other forces may attempt to take aggro or KS from the first raid force unless the first force is unable to reduce the raid target to 95% or less health after 15 minutes or if the guild (or non-guild based raid force) loses aggro at any point. If either of those two conditions is met, then the mob becomes Free For All until the next person from a different raid force aggros. If all remaining live members of the first force who have engaged the target in any way have feigned death, the the aggro chain is considered broken, even if they have DoTs or other spells on the raid target that would cause re-aggro if the FD members were to stand up. In cases where the Raid mob instantly has people from multiple forces on its hate list due to spawning in the midst of multiple players, anyone who pulls aggro who is not from the same raid force as the player who got initial aggro will be considered guilty of KSing unless he or she backs off and allows the force with first aggro to reassert control. The guild who attained first aggro is free to allow the raid mob to kill any players from other guilds who were on the initial hate list from being with aggro range at spawn time, or any who appear on the hate list by trying to help others not from the force with first aggro who were.
==========

EDIT: The tentative definition of "begin the fight" will be: reduce the mob to 95% health or lower. -- Thanks Dawgrin
EDIT: Made language a bit more precise, and added new provision to handle camping "on the spawn point". -- Thanks Astarothel

That's it, that's the whole system right there.

I also have several suggestions to the dev team that I believe should be enacted to help this rule fulfill some of the goals we as a community and they as developers have in regards to the raiding scene on this server. These suggestions are needed to make a significant impact in the nature of the raiding scene on the server above and beyond my rule change. They are the complement that allows my one single rule to work. I will simply list the changes here. A discussion about the reasons for each change will follow in the second, third, and fourth posts of this thread.

1. Raid mobs should have a flat 6 hours added to their base spawn intervals with no variance. EDIT: -- no more variance, reduce camping

2. Raid mobs should have an line of text in /say triggered when they are aggro'd from a clear aggro list state that lists the name of the player who got aggro.

3. The punishments for KSing or Training on a raid target should be made much more severe, and escalate based on the number of previous offenses. I suggest a 30day account and IP ban for the offending party. I have seen other good suggestions ranging for a shorter ban, but for the whole guild, up to disbanding the entire guild and perma-banning the officers. As long as the punishments are severe, the purpose is served.

Goals for the Raid Rule
1. Ensure that raid mobs can span in any time zone
2. Limit the need for developer involvement "babysitting"
3. Promote competition based on skill related to game-play
4. Be compatible with the entrance of new players on the raiding scene
5. Be compatible with the addition of new raid targets to the game

Spawn Variance

The original reason for spawn variance was to make sure that a mob does not exclusively appear in the prime time of one time zone. It is intended to help distribute the mobs around the clock so that all time zones have a chance at getting the mob during their prime time. I think that this is the best usage of the spawn variance. However, the spawn variance that we are using is way too big. We tried to use it to make camping the mobs more difficult. However, as we can all see, this did not work... at all. So now, we have mob spawns that, combined with the raid rules agreed upon by the majority of the raiding guilds encourage 4 day rotating afk camps of the raid mobs. Camping is better discouraged by other means. So, that is why I propose eliminating the spawn variance and simply adding a flat 6 hours to the spawn time of raid bosses. This accomplished several things.

1. It guarantees that the mobs will progress around the clock within a few spawns giving the euros, aussies, and usa players all equal shots at the mobs during their own prime time.

2. It enhances the value of intelligence (knowledge of the mobs last time of death). Knowing the time of death is more important for not missing the next spawn with your tracker or raid force.

3. It keeps the number of raid spawns very close to their actual original spawn rate, which was the original intent for how fast raid level items were supposed to enter the game.

Mob Aggro Messages

Each raid target mob should have a message that they deliver in /say or /shout when they are aggro'd from the state of having a clear aggro list. It should be something along the lines of Lord Nagafen shouts, "How dare you presume to enter my lair, Dumesh! Ah, but I was getting hungry for some Troll anyway, do come in."

I'll admit this is a non-classic proposal, although I feel that it is in line with the classic philosophy. There are already a multitude of mobs that will /say something or emote something in response to being aggro'd from the state of having a clear aggro list. Death touching mobs will also specifically call out a players name. I imagine (hope) it would not be too difficult to add or modify these existing behaviors to have the /say incorporate the name of the player pulling aggro. It is certainly some work for the devs, but once the method is perfected, I believe that it wouldn't take very long to add it to each raid mob as Sky, Kunark, and Velious are added. I'm also sure the devs would have all the help they could want from the community for coming up with witty or clever lines for each mob as well.

This suggestion is directly related to goal #2. The devs won't have to spend much time sifting through logs, nor will the players have any ambiguity about who got aggro first.

Severe Punishments

I am promoting severe punishments for 2 reasons.

1. They will reduce the instances of players KSing raid mobs or training raid forces under my one rule of raiding.

2. Because of #1, the devs/guides/GMs will have a reduced demand for their services in moderating raid mob disputes.

There are existing rules of the server that prohibit KSing and training. These, combined with "First Aggro + 15" and Mob Aggro Messages present a situation where guilds can compete and know instantly and without error who won. Without adequate punishment for breaking the KSing and Training rules, guilds who lost the race to aggro, might be tempted to KS or train the winning guild in hopes of obtaining the loot, counting on the devs not wanting to investigate, or a lenient punishment. With adequate punishment, we should expect a grudging /say or /shout of "gg, guild x, you got him this time, but we'll be back." Perhaps it won't be an instant transition, but it should come swiftly if a few guilds actually do KS and face the new punishments.

Ultimately, I hope for developer and player response to make sure that this does satisfy all the major goals of both parties with regard to the raiding scene, and subsequent response from the developers to enact this as server policy.

Lastly, let me implore the community to keep this thread shit-free. Please present your opinion of the system if you like. Please present constructive criticism if you like. Please try to argue the merits of particular points where you can, which is much more useful than just saying "ur plan sux, dude!" If you must troll, make a new post in R&F about how big of a douche you think I am. I'll come play in there, I promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 points regarding this thread & some incentive:

1) Penalties not steep enough.

2) I'd be willing to make a concession on patch day repops if you jack asses could come to an agreement that doesn't involve the following 3 things.
  1. Complaining
  2. GM intervention
  3. Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 07-26-2010 at 03:56 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regardless of any system in place I think that guilds like DA/IB will still sit there and camp the mob. There's really no argument guys. Any rule set that isn't forced rotation will result in DA/IB doing what is necessary, spending 24 hrs a day if need be, to get the mobs. Why can't you all just accept it? Some people's degree of nerdom is greater then your own.

Just remember though. If you win the special Olympics you are still retarded. Apply that to this game.
Applying that to this game: Since in the special olympics all competitors are retarded, so must all players of this game. Since IB/DA win at this, they could be considered a stronger, better class of retard than the others on this server. did i get that right?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hurr durr angsty teenage bullshit
Haha, wow. I barely play on P99, but I read the forums because it's hilarious because watching you kids shit all over eachother and argue about whose emulated pixels are more important.

Just wanted to thank you for literally making me laugh out loud at your retarded rant. I thought some of these other guys took this game way too seriously, but you definitely take the cake.

A++ would read again.
Closed Thread