Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumesh Uhl'Belk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This point deserves more discussion. I was not 100% sure I wanted to go with put a tank on it, because that might limit valid strategies for killing the mob. What if a force of 24 magicians showed up to take a mob? Perhaps, taking the mob below 95% health is an appropriate signal that the fight has begun?
That sounds like a good idea. That way the mob will have begun to summon and the fight will really be on.
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I had in mind when I asked this question was preventing some sort of stalling tactic where you would do very minor damage (not enough to start the mob summoning). and then kite it around for a couple hours til your raid is ready...
This should be covered by the provision to reduce the mob at least 5% in the first 15 minutes. That will trigger summoning on all mobs that can summon. It requires that the force engaging is actually trying to kill the mob, instead of just kite it. If someone can provide any examples of mobs that might still be a problem under this system, then we can consider modifying things to require that 5% damage is done every 10 minutes or something like that (which would indicate that the kiters are killing the mob, not just stalling), but I would prefer to avoid complicating the rules for something that is extremely unlikely or indeed impossible.

Cool, we're on the same page, I think.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Orc

At inital glance these rules seem fairly solid, and certainly preferable to the situation which is currently described.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

I like your relentless will to try to find a way to change the current raiding scenes, but unfortunately your rules/ideas doesnt have any practical usefulness toward the current raiding content.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like your relentless will to try to find a way to change the current raiding scenes, but unfortunately your rules/ideas doesnt have any practical usefulness toward the current raiding content.
Would you care to elaborate? How does my system fail on each of the current 6 raid targets? Can you describe a scenario that you see going down under my raid rule and how that scenario constitutes a failure?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumesh Uhl'Belk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you care to elaborate? How does my system fail on each of the current 6 raid targets? Can you describe a scenario that you see going down under my raid rule and how that scenario constitutes a failure?
It still promotes camping. Which is what were trying to get away from.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camping cannot ever be fully removed from a game. It is a part of Everquest. What it does remove is the "requirement" that the players have imposed that 15 people must camp the mob. It also reduces the time that the mob must be camped.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I am not to the raid scene yet on the server. I can point out that the only way to eliminate camping would be.

1. Set spawn times that everyone knows.
or
2. A rotation or a semi-rotation similar to Suicide Kings proposal.

I remember on Bristlebane back just before kunark and ending sometime after velious, there was a respected rotation for the dragons and later on Hate. It worked fairly well for some time, till no one raided it and there were enough targets for everyone.

Anyway, yall better figure all this out before I get there!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Orc

Under this system, if you camp a spawn, you will still indeed have the advantage, but it won't be a foregone conclusion as it is right now. If two raids are camping, it won't matter which showed up first and spent the most time there (afk!), first try will go to the raid that acts quickest. Theoretically, one raid that camped but isn't on the ball could lose out to a raid which has only just shown up but is ready to go.

Really, nothing short of a rotation will prevent camping the mob before it is going to spawn, but at least this way the camp need only commence before the variance window opens, not 4 days before.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Aviak

The only way to stop really stop the camping of these mobs is for all involved parties to AGREE to stop camping them.

Camping a tracker is one thing, but having to have 1/2 of your raid force camped in the raid zone is a little ridiculous.

Then again the only way all parties would agree to stop camping is if the alternative is better for them than camping was. Personally I think this system could work and would be much better than having so many people AFK camping all the time. Others might disagree...
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Closed Thread