Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default 100k+ manastones right now?

Randomly looked up one of my oldest logs and saw this line on the first page:

[Mon Jun 25 21:51:56 2012] Lucroy auctions, 'WTS Manastone 115k trading straight up for CoF melee trades considered.'

Did blue have higher drop rates for manastones? Was it farmed 24/7 like it is on green? Do people value it more highly now than they did on blue? Just curious how we end up with people trying to sell for the same amount right now on green when we still have months more of manastones dropping (and likely players to use them will drop between now and Kunark, at least) as they were selling for in early/mid Kunark era on blue.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

I don't get it either. Either they aren't really selling for 100k+ or maybe we just have more plat already?

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or maybe we just have more plat already?
Mmmm, between the old seafury gem drops and blue's plat dupes and tradeskill exploits, I don't think that's possible even with green having a higher pop to produce plat.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

More likely working the hype to get the actual price higher than it is.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

True.

Neckbeardery?

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mmmm, between the old seafury gem drops and blue's plat dupes and tradeskill exploits, I don't think that's possible even with green having a higher pop to produce plat.
As someone who played Blue from year 1 through Kunark (not sure if you did or not just commenting on my own experiences) I will say I agree it's definitely not possible Green has anywhere near the same plat levels Blue did lol.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Randomly looked up one of my oldest logs and saw this line on the first page:

[Mon Jun 25 21:51:56 2012] Lucroy auctions, 'WTS Manastone 115k trading straight up for CoF melee trades considered.'

Did blue have higher drop rates for manastones? Was it farmed 24/7 like it is on green? Do people value it more highly now than they did on blue? Just curious how we end up with people trying to sell for the same amount right now on green when we still have months more of manastones dropping (and likely players to use them will drop between now and Kunark, at least) as they were selling for in early/mid Kunark era on blue.
I'm not an economage but here is my guess don't forget to like and subscribe.

I get what you're saying and how you're thinking about it and getting perplexed. On paper it all seems wonky. I think it is definitely in high demand right now because it has the most usage potential it will ever have right now. I believe the closer we get to kunark the lower the price will drop.

If I had to guess the ones on blue were probably a lot more affordable when they were dropping, and their price has adjusted to where it should be with rarity over time. This is based off the assumption every god damn person has that if list wasn't around then people would camp it for weeks and just sell/give it to friends and guildies.

If that was happening you wouldn't really want to try to sell like 30 manastones for 100k each. I imagine that would take so long. I'd rather sell 100 manastones for 30k each. You can solo or duo the camp, and a few drop a day. So you'd be as rich as you'd ever need to be if you just did this for a week and sold off like 20 manastones. 600k? You'd never really need money ever again. Anything you'd ever buy would be relatively resellable during the era, you'd coast forever from just a week of work. So of course you'd want to sell as many as you could. And thus you'd lower your prices.

But, because you now can only get it from being on a list, it's almost completely inaccessible to 95% of the players. You have to literally not sleep. You can't just like get lucky with getting in a group there, you have to stay at a camp, attentively, for like days. You can't accidentally doze off and wake up 2 hours later and rejoin the group and have the same chances of it dropping. You can't cook food and lose track of time. You just have to be there, slowly going mad while the longer you're there the comparably more you feel you can't leave the prison. Knowing that if you leave then your time spent was effectively meaningless.

So, because that's so prohibitive I think that's artificially inflated the current price in it's longest useful phase. Everyday until kunark it depreciates in value, though it should see a small spike after it stops dropping.

So, I guess it's really worth like 50-60k right now and it's hyper inflated because it's a bitch of a camp and we're all like 30 year olds that can't necessarily put our lives on pause. So, it's selling for 100-120k. And it's only inflated to like 120k .......... .....wait what? https://wiki.project1999.com/Manastone this seems to believe 800k

ok wtf u talkin bout

guess I should research shit before responding to shit.

this was dumb.

lss: i don't know
Old 02-02-2020, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not an economage but here is my guess don't forget to like and subscribe.

I get what you're saying and how you're thinking about it and getting perplexed. On paper it all seems wonky. I think it is definitely in high demand right now because it has the most usage potential it will ever have right now. I believe the closer we get to kunark the lower the price will drop.

If I had to guess the ones on blue were probably a lot more affordable when they were dropping, and their price has adjusted to where it should be with rarity over time. This is based off the assumption every god damn person has that if list wasn't around then people would camp it for weeks and just sell/give it to friends and guildies.

If that was happening you wouldn't really want to try to sell like 30 manastones for 100k each. I imagine that would take so long. I'd rather sell 100 manastones for 30k each. You can solo or duo the camp, and a few drop a day. So you'd be as rich as you'd ever need to be if you just did this for a week and sold off like 20 manastones. 600k? You'd never really need money ever again. Anything you'd ever buy would be relatively resellable during the era, you'd coast forever from just a week of work. So of course you'd want to sell as many as you could. And thus you'd lower your prices.

But, because you now can only get it from being on a list, it's almost completely inaccessible to 95% of the players. You have to literally not sleep. You can't just like get lucky with getting in a group there, you have to stay at a camp, attentively, for like days. You can't accidentally doze off and wake up 2 hours later and rejoin the group and have the same chances of it dropping. You can't cook food and lose track of time. You just have to be there, slowly going mad while the longer you're there the comparably more you feel you can't leave the prison. Knowing that if you leave then your time spent was effectively meaningless.

So, because that's so prohibitive I think that's artificially inflated the current price in it's longest useful phase. Everyday until kunark it depreciates in value, though it should see a small spike after it stops dropping.

So, I guess it's really worth like 50-60k right now and it's hyper inflated because it's a bitch of a camp and we're all like 30 year olds that can't necessarily put our lives on pause. So, it's selling for 100-120k. And it's only inflated to like 120k .......... .....wait what? https://wiki.project1999.com/Manastone this seems to believe 800k

ok wtf u talkin bout

guess I should research shit before responding to shit.

this was dumb.

lss: i don't know
Tl dr dude, jesus.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tl dr dude, jesus.
I'm sorry I often forget how slow people read
Old 02-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry I often forget how slow people read
It was really quite reasonable, don't listen to the haters.