Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default Druid Evocation Spec

Test ran this morning after respec out of alteration:

Evocation Spec test:

Level 50 Druid. 200 Wisdom. 35 +mana items. Casting Starfire until unable then recording mana remaining.

Evocation 50

8 Starfires 8% mana left (11.5% per Starfire) (245.5 mana per Starfire)

Evocation 100

8 Starfires 11% mana left (11.125% per Starfire) (237.52 mana per Starfire)

Evocation 150

9 Starfires 2% mana left (10.89% per Starfire) (232.5 mana per Starfire)

Evocation 200

9 Starfires 5% mana left (10.56% per Starfire) (225.45 mana per Starfire)

I calculated the mana spent using this formula: ((Wisdom/ 5 ) + 2) * level + mana items

Stock Starfire costs 250 mana which goes down to 225 at Evo 200. So you're getting a 10% discount which adds up nicely when you completely unload. I mean it's really 8% cause you're going to be at at least Evo 49 no matter what but still. 9 Starfires plus one Engulfing Root from that last 5% mana and I'm looking at 5668 damage. Before I was doing 8 x 612 + 160 + 100 before oom now I'm doing 9 x 612 + 160 so I gained 512 alpha damage with the respec.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 05-02-2020 at 02:27 PM..
Old 05-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

This is fun, and I always love people researching and gathering data ...

... but why would anyone want to play a Druid like a Wizard, when they could play them like an Enchanter? Those polar bears in Permafrost aren't going to just kill each other on their own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Evocation specialize gives good service for Druids who like to level via quad-kiting. Not everyone enjoys charming. I've seen arguments in the past about keeping it even at 60 although I'm more dubious about that.

Danth
Old 05-02-2020, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Nice work!
Old 05-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evocation specialize gives good service for Druids who like to level via quad-kiting. Not everyone enjoys charming.
Good point: I did enjoy quadding with my Druid quite a bit too.

But quadding all the way to 60 ... especially for those super-long 50-something levels? I mean, it's doable, but again ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those polar bears in Permafrost aren't going to just kill each other on their own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Yup. Charming is not always the fastest either depending upon skill gear and play style. A few extra roots or room to use the higher lvl ones is nice. The difference @ 50 in classic is usually 1 spell.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fun, and I always love people researching and gathering data ...

... but why would anyone want to play a Druid like a Wizard, when they could play them like an Enchanter? Those polar bears in Permafrost aren't going to just kill each other on their own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good point! I'm only currently playing as one, it depends on how Kunark shakes out but until then it's solid Evo all the way.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like evo is hte way to go for the next recycle sever, if its teams! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2020, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good point! I'm only currently playing as one, it depends on how Kunark shakes out but until then it's solid Evo all the way.
Ah, I "think in Blue" too much. Without the Goblin Ring charming is a lot more painful.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

Mobs summon after 51 so why would any quad after that?
Closed Thread