Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 11:28 PM
Skeleton

Default How can i find a guild

I was in SH for a while and got kicked for innactivety, any suggestions on how i can find a new guild?
Old 02-09-2021, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Look up gathered might mate we’d love to have you. Don’t think sense heading is around anymore
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 02-09-2021, 01:24 AM
Skeleton

How would i join, is there someone i should send a tell?
Old 02-09-2021, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

You can /who all <first word of guild> then /tell the highest level player Hi, I'm interested in joining your guild.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah do who all gathered might and just reach out any member will get you in contact with officers, us officers play so many toons so this is best method.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 02-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Guilds

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that wiki page is a low effort answer and entirely unhelpful response to the question. Where does it mention Castle? Gathered might, or any of the other highly active / densely populated casual guilds?

And half the guilds it does list are simply not viable options unless you want to be the only person online 90% of the time.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin
Offers best list of guilds that exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Craps on list without offering anything constructive ... while ignoring the obvious fact that if any guild has incorrect information there, all it would take is one single member of that guild to fix it, because ... it's a wiki!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

another low effort post by loramin. The point is you do that just about every time someone inquires about a guild, and half of those times someone points out that the list is incomplete and practically useless. If you yourself acknowledge that people aren't keeping it up to date and utilizing it properly, why are you perpetuating it as a valuable resource to new players looking for guilds? It's nonsense.
Last edited by Xer0; 02-11-2021 at 01:58 AM..
Old 02-11-2021, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Offers BEST LIST OF GUILDS THAT EXISTS
This has to be the one of the dumbest arguments I've ever been in here (and I've been in some dumb ones). There is no perfect resource, so I offer the best that exists and ... I'm the bad guy? Meanwhile, if you actually cared so much about this issue, it would take you (or anyone else) like 20 minutes of checking /who to completely update the guild list. I imagine you've already spent at least that much arguing with me here.

Again ... it's a wiki! The community keeps it updated, and last I checked: you're part of the community. Complaining to me like it's my fault ... that not one of the thousands of Green players has cared enough to take a few minutes to update that page lately (including the leadership of those guilds; you're more angry at me than them?) ... won't magically make it my fault.

And for the record, I've already logged many multiples of "20 minutes" on the guild pages myself: setting them up in the first place, updating them myself over the years, creating the templates for them (so anyone who wants to edit doesn't even need to mess with wiki code; they basically just have to fill out a form) ... and that's just the wiki work I've done on the guild pages! If you count the wiki overall, I've logged many multiples of 20 hours (eg. just adding those little red Xs showing where mobs are on the map has easily taken 40+)!

Last edited by loramin; 02-11-2021 at 12:03 PM..
Closed Thread