Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Default Kill Credit

The kill credit is seriously borked. I can wait until someone has a mob at 10% before I nuke and somehow get kill credit.

It isn't based on whomever gets the last hit on either. a monk hit my mob once in the middle of a fight, doing almost no damage and somehow got the kill credit.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

On a similar note, if I deal 51% damage to a mob and a guard kills it am I supposed to get the kill credit and looting rights?

Not sure how this was back in 1999 so I figured I should ask.

---------------------------------------------

On that note, I'm assuming you get faction hits when a guard kills a mob but you did anything detrimental to it, is this correct?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

I thought if a guard killed it, even if he only did the final 5% damage, then there was no body and no loot.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

That seems to be how it's working just don't remember if that's how it always was.
I might be confusing things with other MMOs
Old 11-18-2009, 04:48 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vonyor: If you nuke a mob that has, say 100 hitpoints, and is at 25% health, with a nuke that does more than 75 damage, you'v just done more damage than the other person, and will get credit.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Also, I've send in my pet to finish off several mobs when they get less than 50% and the other player/group gets the credit - which is the way it's supposed to work.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought if a guard killed it, even if he only did the final 5% damage, then there was no body and no loot.
This is how it always worked. Slate was the king of the kill steal back in the day.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

As for taking mobs to the guards that used to work in 1999 in some zone and not in others (never worked in cities or newbie zones, Damn Rivervale KSing guards). I remember as a Barb warrior on Fennin going to T1 in WK and killing liones's down to 49% and letting the guards whack her the rest of the way. first time it happened I found out on accident (was running for my life). Ended up getting a couple levels that way before moving to NK and doing the same with beetles. Imagine my supprise when I tried it on a Werewolf (guards will not attack magical creatures).
Old 11-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Orc

I remember Guard Fred helping me out back in the day with the beetles in NK. The guards in Qyenos Hills helped me out yesterday and I got credit and loot rights.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Going back to the original issue but I saw this happen as well. I am not sure if dots are related to this problem but here is an example:

I was in unrest and got a level 17 ghoul down to 10% then a level 10 mage sent his fire pet to finish off the final few hits and the level 10 got the credit. Most of the damage I did was through dots so it could be something related to that.

I was glad the level 10 got the exp though as it was a nice bonus for him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread