Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Skeleton

Default Barbarian Shaman advice

I am looking for a bit of advice for my newly rolled Shaman. He is level 6 and I am looking for where I should move to for a good hunting ground. The crags of everfrost are starting to feel a little out grown. I only play him casually so the majority of my time is spent soloing. And also, if there are any particular items I should be looking to get him. Any advice really would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider42 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am looking for a bit of advice for my newly rolled Shaman. He is level 6 and I am looking for where I should move to for a good hunting ground. The crags of everfrost are starting to feel a little out grown. I only play him casually so the majority of my time is spent soloing. And also, if there are any particular items I should be looking to get him. Any advice really would be appreciated. Thanks.
Blackburrow entrance is where I went. You might find a partner to duo or group with in there too. There are a couple of gnolls at the tunnel entrance you could probably take down, and then work your way into Blackburrow.

Have you done the Tribunal Symbol quest yet? Loved that quest as a newbie barb shaman.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Tribunal_Symbol_Quests
Last edited by Ocelo; 06-03-2015 at 11:49 PM..
Old 06-04-2015, 01:33 AM
Banned

Yea work your way into blackburrow. You can do a lot of Eq stuff there, lots of great camps and groups of mobs to figure out how to pull and time spawns and some really classic gnoll commander loot.

Save gnoll teeth, I don't think the xp reward is as great as it once was, but it's not for nothing! After, turn the globes you get as a reward in to another guy for some more quest xp, or sell them for plat to buy spells.

Try to get to your teens in bb and then venture out to the west Karanas. There is a quest to return the red bandit sashes to a paladin back in qeynos, the rewards are bronze weapons that vendor for a few plat each, if you level out there with a group or friends, you can banks some plat and get to your high teens!

It's a really fun part of norrath to adventure in!

Also there are a ton of low level quests in the half elf city & the Qhills area that I have never done but hopefully some people may be able to add, that tribunal quest linked above looks sweet! I hope you're diety matches it's requirements!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

if the scout camps still give any xp there is a +5 mana range hammer you can get for handing in the necklace goblin casters drop.
gnolls outside everfrost can be good.

Soon you can do snow leopards, then polar bears, snow orcs, mammoth calfs, icebones (get a polar bear cloak and endure cold) on the tundra.

There is a slighty gap at lvl 21-22 when these things become very marginal xp, so it may be worth getting the early twenties in permafrost, then return to the tundra to kill the mammoths (mammoths start at lvl 22 and go to around 25 iirc). After mammoths you can do icy orcs.

After icy orcs, if you can persuade anyone to carry you along you might be able to sit out with someone as they kill ice giants(or return to permafrost).

Eventually you might be able to do ice giants yourself, but you'll probably need to get a few levels outside of perma or everfrost to do that
Old 06-04-2015, 05:20 AM
Kobold

Once you get SoW at level 9, offer to bank for the higher levels camping the Ice Giants in Everfrost, you will run out there, take all of their fine steel/jewlery loot, gold and silver and go to Halas to sell/change out the money (binding at the bank + gate is magic here) and then return the platinum to them minus a percentage you can agree with them as your fee. You can make some good money doing that (it funded a full set of banded, 2 5AC/55 hp rings and a decent weapon/shield plus my spells through level 34 when I did it in my mid teens between mammoth calf kills).

Also buy medicine bags from the Alchemy Supply merchants at the Shaman guild in Halas, exact same as regular backpacks but only weigh 0.3 instead of 3.0.
Last edited by HalasHermit; 06-04-2015 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: fingers typing faster than brain thinking, thanks EQ....
Old 06-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Kobold

I did black burrow also on my shaman, now level 13. I spent 3 levels there, and then I turned in gnoll fangs, which dinged me from 9 to 12. And turned me KoS to some of Qeynos.

Now I'm hunting bandits in North Karana. The bandits also have a nice xp turn in
Old 06-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blackburrow entrance is where I went. You might find a partner to duo or group with in there too. There are a couple of gnolls at the tunnel entrance you could probably take down, and then work your way into Blackburrow.

Have you done the Tribunal Symbol quest yet? Loved that quest as a newbie barb shaman.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Tribunal_Symbol_Quests
That was an excellent suggestion. I did just that last night and it worked out quite well. I did get the Tribal Symbol as well. A very nice necklace for low levels. Thanks to all for the great advice.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

get a port to butcherblock and bind in gfay.

far better exp in crushbone than running about in everfrost. also makes you feel like a celebrity, as you tower over all the local races.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 06-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get a port to butcherblock and bind in gfay.

far better exp in crushbone than running about in everfrost. also makes you feel like a celebrity, as you tower over all the local races.
That is also a great idea I hadn't thought of. And what's better than lording over the puny races!
Old 06-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did black burrow also on my shaman, now level 13. I spent 3 levels there, and then I turned in gnoll fangs, which dinged me from 9 to 12. And turned me KoS to some of Qeynos.

Now I'm hunting bandits in North Karana. The bandits also have a nice xp turn in
About how many gnoll fangs did you turn in to get 3 levels? Curious because I think I'm going to go that route as well with my Shammy.