Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Default Scout Roll: Can roll for others?

Didn't think this was the case but wanted to clarify.

Today Aikons from AM won the roll and turned in tools, but let Sovs from AM (who rolled and lost) loot the gear.

From my understanding, the winner of the roll turns in tools and loots gear. The fact you rolled is your agreement to the player-made agreement. Am I wrong in understanding how this works?
Old 10-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Roll is just for turn in (needs tools) / "ownership" of spawned mob, that person can then decide whatever to do with loot including looting, giving, or even destroying if thats what they really want in life.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doujou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't think this was the case but wanted to clarify.

Today Aikons from AM won the roll and turned in tools, but let Sovs from AM (who rolled and lost) loot the gear.

From my understanding, the winner of the roll turns in tools and loots gear. The fact you rolled is your agreement to the player-made agreement. Am I wrong in understanding how this works?
I thought I've seen people sell MQ's of this if they win the roll. Is that also not allowed?
Old 10-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic2442 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought I've seen people sell MQ's of this if they win the roll. Is that also not allowed?
If what Legidias says is true, then I don't see why not. I hope that's not the case, as I thought the roll agreement was that the winner turns in tools / loots item. What's stopping people from camping a factioned toon there and rolling, then selling MQs? People will stop helping, as they're not going to constantly help people pull/tag/kill Captain so said person can sell a MQ.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

The player agreement I see stated every Scout is you roll only if you have tools. You turn in tools. YOU loot the gear and turn it in.
Based on those rules everyone (well most people) stick around to help with the kill. I agree with Doujou if people start selling their rolls as MQs/Loot rights nobody's gonna stick around and help.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Banned

Greed ruining a great experience on P99? I'm shocked.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Aviak

That's what AM always do, no surprise at all
Old 10-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

every scout ive been to has had the "you roll, you turn in tools, you loot disk" rules, if im not mistaken, by rolling, you have agreed to the rules, and if you then break them, you are in violation of a player made agreement. and iirc, Sirken said in his last stream that he would enforce player made agreements among those parties that had consented to them. So, if someone rolls, and then sells it, or swaps to an alt to loot, or gives to a guildy. Theyve technically broken the player made agreement as stated before the rolls happened.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every scout ive been to has had the "you roll, you turn in tools, you loot disk" rules, if im not mistaken, by rolling, you have agreed to the rules, and if you then break them, you are in violation of a player made agreement. and iirc, Sirken said in his last stream that he would enforce player made agreements among those parties that had consented to them. So, if someone rolls, and then sells it, or swaps to an alt to loot, or gives to a guildy. Theyve technically broken the player made agreement as stated before the rolls happened.
Please show me where this player made agreement has been formalized in writing and isn't just your assumptions and or opinion of how things should be.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Picking a fight with Aikons is not a good idea - he is AM royalty (and he is honestly a really nice guy from my interactions with him)
Closed Thread