Day of Defeat Source
Company of Heroes
The Red Alert series
Armored Core 2 and 3
Air Combat Series

There are more but that's good enough.

Old 10-25-2019, 03:57 AM
Large Bat

Everquest. A friend's parents were in the beta and they hyped the game to anyone that would listen. My dad got me a computer because I kept chattering about this game. I've been excited about a few other releases, but none nearly as much as I was about Everquest. I guess second place would be Diablo 3. I learned from that experience to never be excited about a video game.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:23 AM
Sarnak

World of Warcraft I'm afraid. I was pretty jaded with EQ at this point and had seen all the hype on FoH from the US beta. I was so excited I actually pre-ordered a US copy of the game. On the day it arrived I got an email from Blizzard telling me I'd been accepted into the European beta so never actually activated the US copy, I've still got it gathering dust somewhere.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:23 AM
Fire Giant

Did they get rid of the mouse scroll view thing?
Old 10-25-2019, 05:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From another thread got me thinking:

I'd like to know what everyone's most anticipated releases were. Like in all your history of gaming from day one, what title(s) did you get all excited about the most?

I'll start and date myself. Doom II, meh. Quake II, so awesome. Fallout 4, big letdown.
Quake II was awesome indeed. Also, Half-Life. I'd read about it, went to the store (Electronics Boutique I'm guessing?), saw it on the shelf and the guy working there just said "Buy it". No explanation, just "buy it." He was right, no explanation was necessary. That shit was groundbreaking.

The Orange Box was pretty awesome. I played TF2 in the open beta, and was happy to pay for something I already knew was awesome. I played the living shit out of TF2.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:07 AM
Aviak

I was actually really buzzed for EQ2, and greatly enjoyed it. I actually did swap to WoW though, for hardware reasons (EQ2 was just a BUNCH of mistakes glued together.. .but it was fun on release!)

After that, I was hyped for the WoW: Cataclysm expansion... boy that was a disappointment.

And then it was Overwatch... I've moved on to Paladins since though, since Blizzard has decided that only eugenically-bred designer gamer Korean teenagers should be allowed to play their game.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:31 AM
Planar Protector

Everquest 2 was the first game I got super excited for. I spent thousands of dollars on the parts and built myself a new rig and I played it for less than two weeks.

Other games I was excited for and they flopped were:
Metal Gear Solid 2
Final Fantasy 8
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
World of Warcraft: Classic

All the games above were complete let-downs to me. So at this point, I try not to get too excited about a game, but I know what I am in store for with green because this is the 3rd time I am starting on an EQ server fresh!
Old 10-25-2019, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably city of heroes or shadowbane
I loved these games sl much. But I didn't know about releases before they happened back then so j wasn't hyped.

WOTLK xpac was probably my biggest hype. I was fully into wow at the time.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I was hyped for Eq2. Was burnt out of playing EQ1. Bought myself a new computer and loved how they allowed you to play with character creation with. I was the first lvl 50 and then 60 on my server (SK).
Old 10-25-2019, 07:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
World of Warcraft I'm afraid. I was pretty jaded with EQ at this point and had seen all the hype on FoH from the US beta. I was so excited I actually pre-ordered a US copy of the game.
Closed Thread