Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Default Blue Server As A Fresh Group Of Players

To cut a long story short a group of 4 of us started playing together when green launched, it’s been fun up to the point teal merged back with green, we only play a couple of hours a day but everything is camped and when resources are limited people turn a little cranky.

We don’t pay to play here and everything is done by volunteers so they isn’t much point whinging about stuff that cannot be changed, it is what it is.

We have been discussing today about all of us re rolling on blue on the hope that the low level zones are a lot quieter but was just wondering are they quieter? Or it is just a case most zones are empty but as people power level each other in the high ZEM zones the situation is pretty much the same as green? We just wanna level together and do some dungeon crawling, we not interested in mana stones/rubi/Guises.

I suppose it’s a bit of a catch 22 situation?

Any thoughts/opinions would be a massive help to us.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Seems like Blue will be perfect for you guys. It's active enough but lower level zones will be for the most part open. There is also a ton of great gear to be had for pretty cheap, even if it is a little more difficult to find for sale now with less people in the tunnel. Either way with 4 people and Kunark/Velious available you guys should have a ton to do.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 01-30-2020, 04:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thumbs up

You can play on both, so it wouldn't hurt to roll toons and check it out. I have found that even with limited time, i can play where i want on blue but i solo / duo a bit. Can still find groups if you go to the more popular zones. if you have a pre made group, there wont be much you wont be able to do , but thats just my opinion. Have fun no matter where you play !
Old 01-30-2020, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

If y’all start here. Find me on fleamarkit I’ll hook you up with some stuff to get ya rolling
Old 01-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Aviak

People in blue server are awersome, i started 2 days ago and alot people help me. The classic ZEM zones are empti, people are in raids / camping some hi end spots or in EC
Old 01-31-2020, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Sounds like you should play on red.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Blue is awesome and I may have some starter gear for you ... look for (Cisco, Atreo, Demitrios or Hykko).

My one concern is that yes more zones will be open but... there are many players who only make Twinks on server so instead of a group doing something may just be a melee with a fungi.. But regardless I think either will be good for you.

If the four of you kinda just want to do your own thing blue prolly best bet.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:34 AM
Sarnak

I'd say the only downside of playing on blue is how much wealth some people have been building up over the years, if the goal is to catch up to them you're not gonna have a good time.

As far as population it's still very healthy, sure unpopular zones will be often empty, but the popular ones are not overcrowded, you will be able to exp in highkeep and level super fast if that's your thing, you might have a bit of competition for the best areas but nothing too bad.

Also the gear progression is enjoyable, everything is pretty cheap at least to a certain point, for 100p you can buy some incredible weapons and piece of armors compare to green. The only thing a bit lacking are porters, it used to be way easier to find a ride at any time of the day, now it can be hard but nothing impossible.

As far as difficulty sure the cheap gear helps a lot and make leveling easier, but at the same time exploring an almost empty dungeon is a lot harder, you can't just move anywhere safely because mobs are pulled constantly, you have to actually learn where the pather are and how many mob spawn where etc, i find it a lot more enjoyable.

edit : as far as powerleveling, there isn't that much of it in my experience people prefer to twink a toon and group, so if you group with random people you will sometime have a guy with absurd gear and some high level toons camped nearby to buff, rez, etc but you can keep the game fun by doing bigger pulls there is plenty of mobs to pull on blue everywhere.
Last edited by Sacer; 01-31-2020 at 02:43 AM..
Old 01-31-2020, 02:47 AM
Kobold

Thanks so much for all this info, we are split 50/50 at the moment but two of us are definitely going to roll on blue today. Thanks so much for the kind offers and advice.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

Welcome to Blue!
Closed Thread