Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Oh I have looked and I'm far from well-schooled in all the plat camps and my last line was perhaps a bit hyperbolic, yes. But I think that my point was the OP ultimately wanted more 'secret' locations.

Quote:
No offense taken, and you're 100% correct, but here's the thing: if people aren't going to share their favorite level 60 Torpor-equipped Shaman treasure locations on the Treasure Hunting Guide, they're not going to share them in the forum either.
But this is very true.

Quote:
...people won't post them because they want to keep them secret, not because they want to tell complete strangers on the forum but just have been waiting this whole time for you to come and ask.
And agreed, yes.

So really asking for 'advanced' cash camps on the forum is probably as equally pointless as telling the person asking for those secret locations to check out the guide. :P
Last edited by Quinas; 06-09-2019 at 12:09 PM..
Old 06-09-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So really asking for 'advanced' cash camps on the forum is probably as equally pointless as telling the person asking for those secret locations to check out the guide. :P
Touche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In my defense, OP's original post never said anything about secrets, so I genuinely thought the link might help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I just came back to P99 after a bit of a long break, and my favorite chill cash camp has since been decimated by nerfs (Seafury Island). I play a Torpor Shaman, so I can solo quite well, and despite my time away, I am quite proficient with my shaman. I am wondering where else people tend to go to just accumulate some cash.

NG in Seb is great, but supports exactly one person at a time. I guess I could kill Spectres or Hill Giants, but damn that's boring and such a waste of a powerful class to kill mobs 25 levels below me. Are there any really good replacements for Seafuries? Or should I just pick a camp with a good drop to solo (Heirophant, Phase Spiders etc)?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Torpor sham mourning about seafury nerfs. Can’t figure out how to farm plat.
An orchestra of tiny violins is somewhere playing a majestic opus...
Old 06-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I just came back to P99 after a bit of a long break, and my favorite chill cash camp has since been decimated by nerfs (Seafury Island). I play a Torpor Shaman, so I can solo quite well, and despite my time away, I am quite proficient with my shaman. I am wondering where else people tend to go to just accumulate some cash.

NG in Seb is great, but supports exactly one person at a time. I guess I could kill Spectres or Hill Giants, but damn that's boring and such a waste of a powerful class to kill mobs 25 levels below me. Are there any really good replacements for Seafuries? Or should I just pick a camp with a good drop to solo (Heirophant, Phase Spiders etc)?
Your best bet is to find a duo or trio and do real cash camps. Solo plat farming isn't what it used to be.
60 Magician - Magicgnome Magicmike
60 Epic Druid - Druidog Godruid
60 Epic Enchanter - Brainfreeze
60 Epic Shaman - Shamikaze Suicideslower
56 Epic Cleric - Letsplay Everquest
56 Necro - Necromann Sir
52 Epic Rogue - Mickstabber
Old 06-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torpor sham mourning about seafury nerfs. Can’t figure out how to farm plat.
An orchestra of tiny violins is somewhere playing a majestic opus...
QFT
Old 06-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Touche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In my defense, OP's original post never said anything about secrets, so I genuinely thought the link might help:
Asked a generic question. Got a generic answer.. I see nothing wrong with Loramin's post.. A grumpy torpor shaman asking where he can grind cash is ridiculous in the first place.. Not only that, but went full asshole mode doing so. I remain at 0 respect for OP.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I play a Torpor Shaman, so I can solo quite well, and despite my time away, I am quite proficient with my shaman. I am wondering where else people tend to go to just accumulate some cash.

I guess I could kill Spectres or Hill Giants, but damn that's boring and such a waste of a powerful class to kill mobs 25 levels below me. Are there any really good replacements for Seafuries? Or should I just pick a camp with a good drop to solo (Heirophant, Phase Spiders etc)?
Man, I just can't imagine having Torpor and spending my time killing giants or cyclops for ~500p an hour. I even saw a shaman out on seafury island yesterday, I can only assume quietly weeping into a mug of sea foam at what once was.

You can solo so many silly things, or get a partner and do even sillier things. Solo or buddy up in DN, Kael, Skyshrine, SG, WW, Seb, Velks, Chardok, Epic MQ parts, etc.. Don't spend your energy looting 8pp 132gp 90sp 65cp at a time.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-10-2019 at 12:56 PM..
Old 06-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Even setting up a PL session at a set rate pp/hour would be mind-numbing but less so than chasing mid 40's druids and bards for hill giants...
Closed Thread