Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Kobold

Default High Keep bards?

So, because they are simply incredible XP, I have been soloing the bards in High Keep lately when I can get the camp on my 53 warrior. It occured to me the other day though that the faction I am destroying might be needed for something I am not thinking of.

Specifically I am worried about the epic. I checked the wiki and it doesn't seem like any of the NPC's for it are on any factions at all, but I am always a little suspicious of the wiki's accuracy. Any warriors out there that have done this camp and their epic that can help me be sure I'm not tanking a needed faction?
Old 09-06-2019, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

Killed bards and nobles and had no issue with war epic
Old 09-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killed bards and nobles and had no issue with war epic
Thank you.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Specifically I am worried about the epic. I checked the wiki and it doesn't seem like any of the NPC's for it are on any factions at all, but I am always a little suspicious of the wiki's accuracy. Any warriors out there that have done this camp and their epic that can help me be sure I'm not tanking a needed faction?
Certain epic quests take into account that a good portion of the players of that class are evil / have faction problems. (The only one that doesn't, IMO, is SHD, you need to have good OT faction if you want to do it the 'right' way without invising every turn-in, and that's an utter bitch for IKS SHD. Plus, questing armor you can't actually use.)

Shaman, Cleric and Warrior are the three that come to mind.

As an IKS SHD I start out KOS in Highpass and with Bards.

I was able to talk to the OOT Dwarf on Aviak isle just fine - indifferent. The Warrior guy in EK on the way to highpass - indifferent.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certain epic quests take into account that a good portion of the players of that class are evil / have faction problems. (The only one that doesn't, IMO, is SHD, you need to have good OT faction if you want to do it the 'right' way without invising every turn-in, and that's an utter bitch for IKS SHD. Plus, questing armor you can't actually use.)
This probably accounts for much of the reason why an Iksar-only pseudo-epic was added about a year later (Greenmist).

--------------------------------------

Killing in High Keep shouldn't materially affect the Warrior epic quest. Depending on what you kill in High Keep, faction can make it difficult to use Freeport normally if that matters to you.

Danth
Old 09-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Banned

I have my warrior epic.
Closed Thread