Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Another redundant/meaningless SK question

So as I attain pp through my daily toils and have a pp sink to blow it on (my 60 Iksar SK)... I’ve been struggling to decide how best to waste my pp. He currently uses will of innoruk bp, ralgyn’s promise quest (head). I guess my question is would it be more beneficial to try and attain a Vindi bp or Crown of Narandi?

As a secondary question is Cloak of Confusion that much better than Hierophant cloak?

And is ring 9 really worth trying to get?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Atreo 60 SK
Old 02-11-2021, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Cloak of Confusion looks like a side-grade from Heiro cloak--more health for less mana. I'd call them roughly equivalent in overall quality depending on which stat you want more of. The resists on the Confusion cloak are nice if you're doing a lot of stuff where resists matter.

If I had to pick between a Narandi Crown and a Breastplate of the Vindicator, all I can say is I wish I had more mana regeneration more often than I wish I had more health regeneration and if you want health regen you probably have a fungus tunic bagged. Otherwise they're both nice items.

Ring 9 is kind of luck-based due to the Ring 8 roll-off. It's a nice item and you're not likely going to find a better ring. On the other hand "worth" is a question of opinion and it isn't going to make you able to do any content you can't do without it.

In general I advise folks to try to gear themselves for the content they're doing or want to do, and with their usual additional players in mind.

Danth
Old 02-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Crown, Fungi & Haste are the 3 most important items for an SK imo. Vindi bp is nice if have a crew you hunt with but if you're soloing then can't beat that static mana regen.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Crown of Narandi for mana regen for sure. Eyepatch of plunder is a good money sink for better soloing. Vindi BP is also good, great resistances piece to help tank spells. 41% haste item is also good if you want to buy an MQ of the Sky Belt.

Ring 9 is not going to give an SK huge gains. It saves some mana on casting a damage shield, and it acts as a global cooldown refresh. But SKs have quite a few options for that already, and I honestly don't use one on my SK. It gives more HP than other rings, but not a ton more.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

I do have 41% haste belt and eye patch of plunder but don’t have bagged fungi.
So it sounds like Crown is the smart choice.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 02-11-2021 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 02-11-2021, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do have 41% haste belt and eye patch of plunder but don’t have bagged fungi.
So it sounds like Crown is the smart choice.
What do you want crown for? If it's to improve your soloing longevity, then fungi will be far more effective for 1/2 the cost.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Idk, never considered using fungi after I got 60. Not sure why. I mostly duo with this char though
Old 02-11-2021, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

I duo with a shaman a lot and I don't feel like I need a fungus tunic. Once in awhile if I'm feigned someplace at low health I might wish I had one but not so much I've ever actually bothered to pick one up.

Danth
Old 02-11-2021, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi recommendation was for solo play. If you're duoing frequently then yes opt for crown especially with a shaman.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you want crown for? If it's to improve your soloing longevity, then fungi will be far more effective for 1/2 the cost.
Crown is great because an SKs main bottleneck is mana. I have a Crown and Shawl 7, and the extra mana regeneration is pretty noticeable. 300 mana every 10 minutes means you are getting Banshee Aura, Shroud of Death, Shroud of Pain, Shroud of Hate, and Siphon Strength buffs for free. That means all of your mana pool is used elsewhere. When you get Blood Ember Greaves and Blood Ember Gloves to remove the mana costs on your two most commonly used spells, you can keep your mana at safe levels most of the time, unless you need to spam spells in an emergency.

Shadowknights don't get a lot of time to med between tanking, pulling, fear kiting, spamming healing breastplate, or being FD, so any mana regen you can get is nice. The low mana pool on an SK makes the regeneration more noticeable, which is fun psychologically[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]