Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-18-2021, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Merchant/Vendor Mining Unclassic

This bug, https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=293970, provided evidence that Project 1999 merchants aren't working classically ... but it was never fixed, and closed without comment. To clarify, I'm talking about how in live you could:
  1. find a merchant with all of their "slots" filled
  2. buy out all of a "top slot" (visible) item
  3. sell an item back to that merchant
  4. have the merchant then offer that item back for sale (including any multiples of it ... which previously had been "hidden below the top")

If this is truly unfixable, at least a comment from the devs would be awesome, as that would let me add it to the https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium (ie. list of nice/classic things we can't have here).

But if it is fixable ... please don't just ignore this because it doesn't affect raiders. For the "long tail" of EverQuest players, who like to raise random factions (eg. by trading wolf meat to Wista), or who like to tradeskill, "vendor mining" is just as important, classic mechanics-wise, as MQing or recharging.

Especially because "server resets" (quakes) are far rarer here than in classic, merchant inventories get far fuller than they did on live, and after their initial "top slots" get filled it's impossible (without this "mining" mechanic) to access any of their other items ever again (until the vendor resets). Ultimately this makes gathering items for bulk quests or tradeskills far more difficult here than on live.

Again, I know us questers/tradeskillers aren't vocal, and probably aren't even the majority ... but this stuff truly matters to a segment of classic EQ players ... so at the very least a "we can't fix this because X" response would be greatly appreciated.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-18-2021 at 11:52 AM..