Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Worry wraiths in Fear were doing this yesterday still. Add them to the list of NPCs to be checked for that bug. Then in Hate yesterday I resisted 4 straight allures from the revs at 145MR when I couldn't resist 2 in a row at 265. Go figure.

Additionally, should there be a level cutoff for allure for an NPC?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Developer

Not any level caps of npcs trying to charm players. Currently trying to work out some issues with chanter spell casting. May not help with charms, but should make mobs spend more time tashing first. Will try to figure out whats up with 265 mr not doing so well too.

H
Old 06-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not any level caps of npcs trying to charm players. Currently trying to work out some issues with chanter spell casting. May not help with charms, but should make mobs spend more time tashing first. Will try to figure out whats up with 265 mr not doing so well too.

H
I think the resist check on charm should be looked into as well as it's range. I'm not going to pout getting charmed by the red con dragon or Tola, but fuck having any dark or light blue mob landing charm almost every time. I resist harm touches more than I resist charms at this point.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

I was charmed by the froglok noble (light blue to 60) while I had 271 MR.

Additionally, I thought that charm shouldnt land if the caster already has a pet? In this instance noble had a summoned animation and was still able to charm me.

I can't exactly remember the mob, but in the last 2 weeks I was also charmed by a green con enchanter mob using the spell beguile. Beguile should not land at all on a level 60 as far as I know, let alone when a green con is casting it on someone with 270+ MR.

Something just seems...off? I guess.

Edit: just realized I missed haynar's post about NPC charm spells not having a level cap. Is that classic? Out of curiosity.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Last edited by Tasslehofp99; 06-21-2014 at 03:48 AM..
Old 06-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

Should be range check on beginning and end of spells. Could range spells in classic.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should be range check on beginning and end of spells. Could range spells in classic.
Range for completion was patched out on last patch, was determined classic that NPC do not have range check on completion. I mained shaman and alt'd monk on live and remember being hit by spells after I ran far away and FD into Velious, so I don't dis-agree with recent patch changes.

I don't have the proof but considering this is a recent change on an older server I am sure research was done and proof was provided to show this change should be made. I'll let Haynar address that.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]