Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess still a dumb post because this isen't shadowbane where massing may be more realistic

I hate to keep pressing the debate

But I am not just speaking of groups.

A guild of 50 people, try-harding.

if you had to invest in 10-15 tanks, in the guild, to level up fastest

but I guess it wouldn't matter because each group would be isolated.

don't worry about it. I don't want my ego to appear to keep arguing
If you want a guild that can log in and destroy people keep a zone or area locked down.. Everyone should have 3 alts.

• War, ogre or troll.
    For weighted axe + bow sniping.
  • Wiz.
    Because 30-50 wizards are going to be really delicious ;p
  • A cleric or necromancer.
    To log in after the first two die.

This is the RTS, strategic, make war, suntzu build I would use for guild structure.

You could replace a few warriors with rogues, rangers, paladins, sks. But you'll get more vulnerable and less lethal.

Paladins are better at defense in PvP than any class but can't put out the dps of 50 ogre warriors focusing priority targets with bows.

Mages are pretty good too.

If you can have a total 30 units. I suppose you could aim for.
  • 18 troll or ogre warriors.
  • 4 rogues
  • 3 Sk
  • 3 pal
  • 2 ranger

For the first line.

Like wiz x20 and magx10 for 2cnd set of alts.

3rd wave could be any mix of cleric and necro.

This way you can wage war and easily cr. If I ran a guild, I would reward people for having one of each alt on their 3 log ins.

I feel like facing 30 of these classes even if they were practically naked would be outright challenging to any group of upto 6 well geared, or 12 ragtag classes.

If they fixed archerry str bug. The wars could be any race. Less lethal but still pretty dangerous if working together and focusing targets. Rotating the front lines. Bandaging the wounded.

Iksar and troll war frontliners would edge out in value per EXP cost to level or produce.

My aim was to illustrate the ratio and priority of classes I would invest in for PvP conflict resolution as red99 currently stands. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Strategy could adapt and people could rotate in Clr, wiz, or necromancer as needed.

Clr, necromancer for cr behind fronts for rezzing and summmoning fallen warriors and getting them back in the field.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-04-2021 at 04:46 AM..
Old 01-04-2021, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

CoTH warriors w/ mages and heal with clr. Regroup and attack could be a really fun tactic too.

Warriors kitted cheeply with even tradeskilled and low level +mr are cheep to produce and churn out.

Really decent war weapons commonly drop in CoM making them ez to rapidly grind to 56.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-04-2021 at 05:19 AM..
Old 01-04-2021, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to hold some legitimacy in my post still. Do you think from 50-60 in kunark warrior may have advantage over XP grind than SK/Pal?
Spamming defensive or evasive hugely reduces the load on healers 51+, and with kunark there are decent aggro weapons easily available (Scimitar of Ykesha, Trochillic’s Skean being frebbies for helping rogue epics, etc). It’s a big help for taking damage, keeping aggro and maximising group dps.

A good sk/pal/ranger has tools to make up for mistakes of other players. Warriors rely on their group mates playing well (but due to lack of buttons have plenty of time to boss their team mates about).
Old 01-04-2021, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Warriors are the cheapest to level when backed by a class that has root, regen.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors are the cheapest to level when backed by a class that has root, regen.
Out of range (for pvp) healer that can port very handy to red warriors, indeed!
Old 01-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
If you were a guild or group, that felt safe there would be a normal or a sub-normal level of threat, to allow confident xping:

Would you rather invest in a bunch of Paladins, Shadowknights or maybe even Rangers, for massive XP guild or group grinds, and just few warriors?

Or would you rather just invest in warriors.
if you are asking what is the fastest way to level when threat is not an issue your probably fine with monks rogues enchanter cleric
Old 01-05-2021, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can have a total 30 units. I suppose you could aim for.
I agree. I think at this point going for mass warriors is better. Because I don't like hybrid XP very much but I wouldn't be against it being not being removed forever.

Unless you are a popular guild that you know will be targeted, than maybe all pals and sks.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are asking what is the fastest way to level when threat is not an issue your probably fine with monks rogues enchanter cleric
yea I think you are right. Monks are way more OP on a new server. Would be cool to see if EQ started with kunark because then (I imagine) tank investments would be larger, even to casuals who just want to play, just to play.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

tbh think warriors/hybrids are pretty on par with eachother for groups, warriors the slight advantage for dps and beefiness and no hybrid penalty. Hybrids really shine with raid tanking planar trash for instant snap aggro so you can keep the kills going and not have to wait for warriors to build aggro before everybody starts going ham on the dps. Raid bosses will be warriors with defensive stance for the rest of the server's timeline with hybrids being very good for speed bumping and niche buffs like SoN from rangers and whatever that +200 hp pally buff is that stacks with everything in velious, while SK is useful for pulling.

TLDR : all of them are good for some role or another
Old 01-06-2021, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

warriors monks rogs just way better for everything i would invest in those

hybrids are pretty weak until they get a lot of gear, and are only really useful in some isolated pvp events which rarely happen.

And when u get more gear war monk rog are just as scary in pvp (in the right hands ofcourse) and also excel in pve