Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Charm isn't limited by player level ever. Those level limits don't apply to mobs.

The resists may be borked though. But MR generally was a non factor in my experience. It was all about the level differential. In PoFire for example at level 65 on Mac server, the level 68 C2 trash enchanters stuck their charm almost 100% of the time. That was with near max MR / max MR.

Revs in hate shouldn't have a high chance to charm a 60. Though Tolapmuj should have a pretty good chance to land a charm.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Can confirm there is no range check on charm atm. Especially Dragon Charm. I FTE'ed PD this morning with a Shaman sitting at zone in getting secondary with a pet. I established FTE and his pet hit PD for secondary. The Shaman at zone in got charmed.
Last edited by Lazie; 06-13-2014 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Banned

Thread should be more like

Some spells land way too easily on players for their given resist values, while others are way too easily resisted

IE:
frost nukes from shamans (tested in seb with 40-200+ cold) <- way too hard to resist, about 0 should land if I have 130 cold
conflagaration wizard npcs in (tested in seb with 40-200+ fire) <- basically 70 fire was immunity in my testing, should be 120-130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had a monk consistently getting charmed in fear with 280MR as well.
Can they even charm 60s?
Mez/charm and other level restricted spells ignore their restrictions when cast on players. Getting charmed (outside of dragon charm, I'm not 100% sure on what resist rate it should be) with normal spells in the player available charm line with any magic resist over 100 should basically just not be possible. Then again don't take my word for it, feel free to test this with a lvl 60 character on live with these resist levels on the sirens out in front of SG.
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-13-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Old 06-14-2014, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

When I pulled gore a few weeks ago. I was standing with my back against KC wall, and Gore charmed me while she had barely left the snow part of DL. Probably 3-4 times further than charm range should be.
Last edited by Hitpoint; 06-14-2014 at 02:59 AM..
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread should be more like

Some spells land way too easily on players for their given resist values, while others are way too easily resisted

IE:
frost nukes from shamans (tested in seb with 40-200+ cold) <- way too hard to resist, about 0 should land if I have 130 cold
conflagaration wizard npcs in (tested in seb with 40-200+ fire) <- basically 70 fire was immunity in my testing, should be 120-130

Mez/charm and other level restricted spells ignore their restrictions when cast on players. Getting charmed (outside of dragon charm, I'm not 100% sure on what resist rate it should be) with normal spells in the player available charm line with any magic resist over 100 should basically just not be possible. Then again don't take my word for it, feel free to test this with a lvl 60 character on live with these resist levels on the sirens out in front of SG.
Why oh why do you continue to test on live and expect results to support a classic EQ experience? Confirmation bias is what I am accusing you of by the way. EQ Live allows you easy access to confirmation bias, I think this clouds your research. I only hope 3rd party verification is applied to any changes actually applied to p99. Why you consistently reference live and advocate testing on live baffles the #$% out of me, and quite frankly scares me that wrong changes will be made off your "research". I think this is a large part of the resistance you receive[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

EDIT PS SORRY HAYNAR!!
I am sorry I hit new posts when checking forums, I forget sometimes this is bugs forum and I should not be addressing specific posters, I will refrain in the future. I will leave this post up and apologize, but I hope that live testing is taken with the grain of salt it currently sits on.
Last edited by BlkCamel; 06-14-2014 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: sorry haynar
Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why oh why do you continue to test on live and expect results to support a classic EQ experience? Confirmation bias is what I am accusing you of by the way. EQ Live allows you easy access to confirmation bias, I think this clouds your research. I only hope 3rd party verification is applied to any changes actually applied to p99. Why you consistently reference live and advocate testing on live baffles the #$% out of me, and quite frankly scares me that wrong changes will be made off your "research". I think this is a large part of the resistance you receive[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
The current resist system on P1999 and the current resist system on live are more similar to each other than either one is to classic EQ.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current resist system on P1999 and the current resist system on live are more similar to each other than either one is to classic EQ.
And isn't this a problem? Or is just not enough data on classic resist system that it forces the developers hand to just go off what they can get from live?
Old 06-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

An Evil Eye charmed me in Runnyeye. Not only did it poof my pet (not classic) it also instantly wore off any dots on the Evil Eye (not classic).

Usually you become a pet of the mob and you end up meleeing your own pet. Which is comical because most casters don't have any melee items so you just punch for 1 damage.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Developer

Found the issue that allows mobs to charm anyone on their hate list, no matter how far they are away.

H
Old 06-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Nice job, Haynar!