Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 09:23 PM
Banned

Bc with snare Clicky and fear you and your enchanter buddy don’t have to share exp with a tank to charm a rogue pet and destroy shit?
Old 01-28-2019, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Cleric race doesn't really matter, end-game only thing that matters is your ability to cast CH in a chain and your mana pool... which is for the most part gear based

having some str (dwarf) is helpful for sure, but isn't a game changer... other races can still get by just fine

Snare neck (innoruuk) is nice in certain situations, but again isnt some enourmas boon, for the most part your still just a healer

Seeing thru Walls (gnome vision) is very helpful at times, but if you know most of the game already is whats around or thru wall number 1 really going to surprise you?

Erudite have a wisdom hit... big woop endgame gear says hello...

High elf has high starting Wisdom and a pretty good bracer quest.... ok so if your moderately geared a slight bonus to your mana... but again a gnome or erudite that didnt put a single point into wisdom at char select with endgame gear could have more wis / mana than you... aside from that you get better CHA for lull / calm?

Halfling you could say has the only real big benefits - Hide (Dark elves get too) , and Sneak (no other cleric race gets this) and a small exp bonus.... there is definantly situations sneak can be good (cheating faction for quest turn ins, getting by something that see's invis but not sneak.....but in the end situational

In the end much like the rest of the racial debates the differences and bonuses are very minor... only in situations where one race has a benefit and the other race has no benefit whatsoever for the class combination is there really a "min/max" difference (example - Iksar Monk)
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Last edited by Foxplay; 01-28-2019 at 09:32 PM..
Old 01-29-2019, 04:12 AM
Banned

Whatever class u roll u should put all points in cha

That way u won't be a loser
Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

This is probably my fault.

I'm a loud mouth on the forum, and repeat things enough to make my advice look good to new / unestablished players. Truth is I am just another idiot who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, after my crusade espousing halflings to be the greatest of all warriors, I decided to testify the merits of Innoruuk.

In short the position was they had the most entertaining quest content levelling up. Obviously they have access to the snare necklace, opening up fear kiting as a strategy for killing/cc, but unlike dark elves humans also had access to the Erudite quest items in paineel, which are basically fun and functional (although at one point offered improved mana regen iirc). Finally they also have access to wider areas thanks to their racial faction modifier. All this for the minor price of losing hide.

It looks like someone took my insane musings and ran with it in the wiki. So either it was my influence, or it was a confluence of opinion, in which case if two people independently came up with it, maybe it is right?
Closed Thread