Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Blue or green,,,

I made a few characters on green. My son made his on blue. And we just realized it when we decided to play together. (all characters are low level)

What is the difference ?..

Either can remake and go on....but will we struggle for groups on either? Struggle for gear?

Thanks in advance...
Old 02-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Blue has been around for longer and has the Velious expansion. They have more quality of life stuff enabled like custom UIs and pet windows. They have fewer players playing at any given time and it'll be harder to get groups at lower levels.

Green is newer and is still in the Kunark phase, trying to follow the original timeline. Velious will eventually be released for Green players as well. Green has more players generally and you will have an easier time finding groups at low levels on Green (although at this point, Green is also already top heavy, but there are people still making alts). I guess one possible benefit of playing on Blue is that since it's been around longer, they're all drowning in plat so you could probably bum stuff easier from the tunnels if that's something you wanted to do. I would still go Green though.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbegger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a few characters on green. My son made his on blue...
What is the difference ?..
To add, on Blue you have better UI, especially for toons with pets.
On Blue prices for items are generally cheaper often MUCH cheaper (everyone is already twinked up)
On Blue are less player, especially at lower levels
On Blue you will easier get to some camp, since there is less competition

But Green is where most players are, on Blue you may feel lonely. Several players retired their Blue toon and they are now on Green (some even or red)

Note, as long as you two are playing on a different servers, you can play at the same time. If you want to play together on the same server, you need to ask for exemption.

Btw, Red is fun as well. Just about all camps are available, there are even less players. And if you two will play together, you really don't need other players, most of the time. But if you join a guild, you will get help when needed.

If you get killed by someone, you don't lose any XP or any items, just platina (carry gems to mitigate this). But if you two will be mostly together, there are less chances someone will attack both of you. Beside, there is not much PvP going on in lower levels. I have two toons in high 30's and I haven't been attacked yet. But XP grows MUCH faster than any other server. Especially if in a group. Actually too fast. Bellow 50 I'm not grouping, so i can slowly play and enjoy the game. Exception may be some hell levels.

Bottom line, you may check red as well. I have toons on all three servers but now I'm playing just Red. You want some item? Just go get it, no one will stand in your way. Unlike on green where every good cash camp is most of the time taken.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:38 PM
Banned

blue is the current test server
avoid at all costs
you're welcome
Old 02-20-2021, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Red
Old 02-20-2021, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Snortles popping up here has me curious: Are there as many socially maladjusted, probably mentally ill people on blue as there are on green? Has anyone noticed a significant difference in this aspect? I've never really played on blue so can't compare.
Last edited by TripSin; 02-20-2021 at 04:45 PM..
Old 02-20-2021, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snortles popping up here has me curious: Are there as many socially maladjusted, probably mentally ill people on blue as there are on green? Has anyone noticed a significant difference in this aspect? I've never really played on blue so can't compare.
Snortles plays blue, green. And takp.

But not red.

(Lol)
Old 02-20-2021, 05:25 PM
Large Bat

Green is alright, but I think Blue has cooler people on it nowadays- though they're usually gonna be 30 or 40 levels higher than you... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2021, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add, on Blue you have better UI, especially for toons with pets.
On Blue prices for items are generally cheaper often MUCH cheaper (everyone is already twinked up)
On Blue are less player, especially at lower levels
On Blue you will easier get to some camp, since there is less competition

But Green is where most players are, on Blue you may feel lonely. Several players retired their Blue toon and they are now on Green (some even or red)

Note, as long as you two are playing on a different servers, you can play at the same time. If you want to play together on the same server, you need to ask for exemption.

Btw, Red is fun as well. Just about all camps are available, there are even less players. And if you two will play together, you really don't need other players, most of the time. But if you join a guild, you will get help when needed.

If you get killed by someone, you don't lose any XP or any items, just platina (carry gems to mitigate this). But if you two will be mostly together, there are less chances someone will attack both of you. Beside, there is not much PvP going on in lower levels. I have two toons in high 30's and I haven't been attacked yet. But XP grows MUCH faster than any other server. Especially if in a group. Actually too fast. Bellow 50 I'm not grouping, so i can slowly play and enjoy the game. Exception may be some hell levels.

Bottom line, you may check red as well. I have toons on all three servers but now I'm playing just Red. You want some item? Just go get it, no one will stand in your way. Unlike on green where every good cash camp is most of the time taken.
What a MASSIVE load of shit and you know it. Suggesting that a casual-palying father and son stand ANY CHANCE of PVPing against the horde of deleveled NTOV twinks is absolute horseshit.

Then again I'm sure you know that.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:26 AM
Fire Giant

Blue usually has about 75% of green population at any given time, it just feels like less since it’s more top heavy.