Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Guild with the worst reputation?
BDA 48 41.03%
BDA 17 14.53%
BDA 25 21.37%
BDA 27 23.08%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA was never mighty. Quit making up history and claiming BDA bullied anyone lol. When the rotation was dropped in favor of server rules a nod and sigh of relief with the word 'Finally' was being said by the same people you team up with.
Well, that's not entirely true. After the rotation failed there was a pretty significant period where we were getting all the mobs every day. I don't see any reason why that makes us the bad guys, though, since all anyone had ever said to us prior to that was "why don't you ditch the rotation and COMPETE- because you can't, that's why, you're not GOOD ENOUGH." Asgard was on that train, I remember, because when we finally did it, they were the first to get upset with us- and apparently, according to Spyder, they still are!

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Oh, right, and now here Asgard is, with a rotation of their own, making fun of us for still being in VP. Right. When you lay it all out like this, it's pretty hilarious, isn't it

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that's not entirely true. After the rotation failed there was a pretty significant period where we were getting all the mobs every day. I don't see any reason why that makes us the bad guys, though, since all anyone had ever said to us prior to that was "why don't you ditch the rotation and COMPETE- because you can't, that's why, you're not GOOD ENOUGH." Asgard was on that train, I remember, because when we finally did it, they were the first to get upset with us- and apparently, according to Spyder, they still are!
Would hardly call getting 1 out of 9 spawns of a mob any sort of domination.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Contradicting yourself in the same post... "I'm pretty sure..." "You were..."
It's possible for me to not know what someone else said to you other than that you were mad, and to know that you were mad. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive and you are really making this thread boring for me right now with your idiotic derailments and whimsical journeys to completely senseless topics

Old 12-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

God made the integers, all else is the work of man.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 12-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's another question for Tekilya to try and squirm out of answering: If the roll is based on which guild brings more people to the raid, why is that a good thing? What's to stop one guild from just bringing 100 undergeared, underskilled players who are all a less useful class for the fight? Is a system that encourages guilds to stack the numbers by bringing 20 enchanters to a Statue fight really a great way to avoid the zerging and warm bodying that your guild accuses BDA of?
These are consensual alliances. If someone was to start loading the numbers by bringing a lot of useless characters that might work once or twice but would soon become apparent and they would start losing invitations to ally. This is a social game and not everyone is looking to screw another guild and lose its rep for an increased shot at one bp roll. Its also not difficult to say "55+ for this raid" to get a strong force.

Quote:
I mean, if you're the number 1 dkp guy in Asgard, and you're at the Statue raid for a breastplate, and the roll lands on Forsaken getting the breastplate, that's kind of a fuck you. The Forsaken guy who's getting the breastplate may have half the dkp you have. Right?

insert bad numbers example here
Thats just not realistic. Each guild awards dkp differently so total number isnt a great measure. 100 dkp might be worth far more or far less depending on how a guild calculates it. Secondly, these are mutually agreed upon because they are mutually beneficial. Sure, your guild gets only a cut of the loot, but you get a cut you would never have had any chance at at all. If your guild can kill the mob by itself nobody is forcing you to ally for kills 24/7. Its a convenient setup if you ask me to be allied with others.

The social intelligence of many posters seems to be fairly low and they just cant grasp this. Reading the posts on this board reminds me how bad of an idea it is to have the vast majority of you deliberate on who gets what loot. That sounds awful. Should I kiss their ring afterwards?
Old 12-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hey everybody, join Asgard and you can be guilded with OP. Imagine how fun it would be to have to deal with that guy's irrepressible comic genius w LOL
In all fairness OP is a butt of jokes in our guild. Probably like Rebbon and Trolllillloio are in your guild.

Quote:
Here's another question for Tekilya to try and squirm out of answering: If the roll is based on which guild brings more people to the raid, why is that a good thing? What's to stop one guild from just bringing 100 undergeared, underskilled players who are all a less useful class for the fight? Is a system that encourages guilds to stack the numbers by bringing 20 enchanters to a Statue fight really a great way to avoid the zerging and warm bodying that your guild accuses BDA of?
Our rolls aren't spectrum based, it is simply 3 rolls done highest win ect. Stacking doesn't happen to influence rolls, it happens because just everyone wants to show up, maybe get a shot at some loot, and it helps their respective DKP scores.

Quote:
A rotation

Be still my heart, did you guys hear that? He said A ROTATION
In the FAT alliance, yes some items are rotated on, and some mobs are rotated on. For instance we rotate on what guild would get a particular head drop. Also we would rotate on an instance in which a mob would only drop 2 items, guild left out gets first pick on that mob next go around.

As per FA alliance, yes again a few select items are being rotated on. Most part a roll determines beginning loot order. First pick on first dragon, then gets 2nd pick on the 2nd dragon, switching back and fourth during the whole tov clearing.

Yes it can be a bit complicated to keep track of, and yes it can be a bummer if its the other guys getting the item, but its working. It really in the end doesn't matter if the other guys get it, you still continue to work with them as a raid force. Incrementally the raid force gets better. If none of this was found to be an amicable way to meet new challenges and get great gear, we wouldn't still be doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can try to spin our success in to the fact that 3 guilds (its usually 2) have to play musical chairs over 2 pieces of loot (its usually 3) all you want, but a 50% chance at top pixels and competing with a good guild in good fun ~25-30 times a week beats the hell out of....whatever it is that you guys do.
Pretty much this

Quote:
So what you're saying is "join Asgard, it's the lesser of three evils- the first evil being not getting loot and the second evil being joining a guild that isn't interested in flogging itself to try to compete at the highest echelon of velious yet"

Sounds depressing that you'd rather live in shit to scrape what you can out of the top end of the raid scene than join a guild that's happy where we are and waiting for the right time to move forward in the infinite endlessness of velious which will be here forever
We have all seen your attempts to compete at the highest echelon of velious. At times it seems rather dubious if you will ever get there at all. You screwed the pooch with killing the rotation (whether you try and deflect that or not, it doesn't matter). Rotation eneded, BDA blamed, BDA greedy and takes all the dragon pixels for themselves. It was poor diplomacy on your part. You took those pixels from players/guilds that could have maybe become future BDA members, and they will never forget this. Inevitably your guild will wither and die because you aren't getting new big pixels to retain talents, and you can't get new talents from the collective CSG because they hate you.

Quote:
Tell you what Spyder, if you're so miserable in Asgard but you're sticking with it because it's better than letting Rampage win, maybe instead of smashing your face into a wall with an FA alliance your guild hates Asgard can team up with BDA. You guys are only acting like the bad guys because you're spending so much time with Forsaken and they're a bad influence. They were sounding the death rattle before you started carrying them. Cut them off, let them die, and maybe BDA and Asgard can work something out.
I don't know why you think FA hates each other, maybe a full 1/3 or more of their guild was at one time from asgard. Detoxx was for a over year Asgards tank, and was an important member back when we got started. Forsaken isn't a bad influence, they have made asgard battle hardened and better/diligent players.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Asgard should institute a policy where anytime Tekilya wants to post something, heinstead says it to Arum and then Arum posts something else.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

PS I didn't "deflect" talk about us killing the rotation, I explained why it's wrong and stupid and based on lies and years-old spin. You're clearly an intelligent guy, why are you having such a difficult time putting 2 and 2 together on that one after all these months?

Old 12-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Taken
Closed Thread