Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Default Duo Combos?

My Fiancee and I are looking to possibly start fresh here on Project 1999, shes never played Everquest before. The only duos I hear constantly are Cleric/Warrior Shaman/Monk, but I'm thinking she will likely want to play something like a Magician or a Necromancer. Anyone have any suggestions for a suitable counterpart for pet classes?

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Cleric Magician or Shaman Necromancer are both amazing duos.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Aviak

Default dou's

seems like any class with a pet to avoid the 50% exp penalty if your pet out damages you

i hear enchanter combos are good
Enc/ druid
Enc/ mag
Enc/ cleric a thing?

personally Necro /(rog/monk) maybe even mag, the Snare/ Fear is just OP,

but to be honest if she has never played the game explain the roles to her and just have her run something she likes and she will have a better chance of sticking with it.

Send me a PM once you get started if you run a monk or need any game tips. ill help if i can
Last edited by Zorrok; 07-20-2017 at 05:29 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Aviak

Default dou;s

OH. and you better get your IP exemptions in now!
I hear it can take a few weeks to get approved

(otherwise you cant have two accounts on the same internet connection)

I have tried to get my last three girl friends to play EQ and they never seem to want to and EQ might be the reason we split up..

so.
Walk on egg shells,
Let her/him play what she/he wants,
and get that IP exemption in!
Old 07-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Aviak

Necro / Enchanter has been a great combo for me and my husband. I can normally mez his pet and heal him up pretty well when charm breaks, or just FD and rez him later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sintia - Wood Elf Druid
Biglee - Gnome Warrior
Old 07-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Really Shaman or Cleric (or even a Druid, to a lesser extent) plus any melee/hybrid will work decently well. Likewise a pet class and almost anything works great (because pets are beefy and adding a second player removes the 50% XP penalty when the pet out-damages the player).

But in particular ...
  • Shaman/Monk (monk tanks and shaman slows and heals, so you essentially have the core of a group with the smallest number of people possible)
  • Warrior (or knights)/Cleric (not the absolute best duo, but great if you like grouping: grab an Enchanter/Shaman and any DPS and you're good to go)
  • Enchanter/Cleric (also good for grouping, but can do some amazing duo stuff too with the cleric healing charmed pets)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-20-2017 at 06:15 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Fiancee and I are looking to possibly start fresh here on Project 1999, shes never played Everquest before. The only duos I hear constantly are Cleric/Warrior Shaman/Monk, but I'm thinking she will likely want to play something like a Magician or a Necromancer. Anyone have any suggestions for a suitable counterpart for pet classes?

Thanks for the info.
If magician or necromancer is one of the duo, then any of: cleric, shaman, druid, enchanter, necromancer, or magician would be great. The first three mostly add safety, utility, and more foundation for a larger group; the latter three mostly add more damage and probably demand more finesse/knowledge from the players in order for the duo to reach its full potential. But yeah, any combo of those classes would be very solid (if not great) duos.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-20-2017 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar necro and shaman
Old 07-20-2017, 11:30 PM
Banned

cleric/warrior is great for forming groups but honestly very boring duo, especially end game. The DPS just is not there.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue/Necro is pretty fun or Monk/Necro

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Closed Thread