Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default This game, this community... holy crap.

So, I play here super casually. I played with the hope of raiding on here someday, but having been browsing the forums for the past few months I can honestly say no-fkn-way.

The argument in the guild summit meeting thread about move speed getting to Tormax was enough to turn me off to this game forever. Is the high end community really THAT nitpicky over every single rule and how every single statement written by the staff is worded? I don't want to hang out with people who are going to try to twist everyone else's words so that they favor one individual.

Then I read about how every guild needed a bat phone to be competitive. So I'm on the same page: You want to text me at 3am on a work night to wake me up to log onto a game to push some buttons to kill an e-monster to have a 1/60 chance of getting some loot? That doesn't fit into my life and I'm surprised it fits into so many other people's lives.

For a casual like me I guess there's no hope of playing. What are you guys even competing so hard for? Those same monsters are going to spawn -forever- and future progression is pretty uncertain. You're literally just rushing to min maxing a character so you can look at some slightly bigger numbers in your stats screen and you're killing the enjoyment of the game for a ton of people.

I don't play here really so I guess my word is pretty much crap to all of you and I expect a pretty unfriendly response, but from the outside looking in - how the hell do people play this game?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Cheers brother! I'm also supoer-casual (dont have any 60 characters) +I still log in from time to time to goof around but ya.. too many take this stuff waaay too seriously. Chalk me up for one of the friendly responses + if you do decide to log in for a bit, lmk.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:29 AM
Banned

yep!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovician [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I play here super casually. I played with the hope of raiding on here someday, but having been browsing the forums for the past few months I can honestly say no-fkn-way.

The argument in the guild summit meeting thread about move speed getting to Tormax was enough to turn me off to this game forever. Is the high end community really THAT nitpicky over every single rule and how every single statement written by the staff is worded? I don't want to hang out with people who are going to try to twist everyone else's words so that they favor one individual.

Then I read about how every guild needed a bat phone to be competitive. So I'm on the same page: You want to text me at 3am on a work night to wake me up to log onto a game to push some buttons to kill an e-monster to have a 1/60 chance of getting some loot? That doesn't fit into my life and I'm surprised it fits into so many other people's lives.

For a casual like me I guess there's no hope of playing. What are you guys even competing so hard for? Those same monsters are going to spawn -forever- and future progression is pretty uncertain. You're literally just rushing to min maxing a character so you can look at some slightly bigger numbers in your stats screen and you're killing the enjoyment of the game for a ton of people.

I don't play here really so I guess my word is pretty much crap to all of you and I expect a pretty unfriendly response, but from the outside looking in - how the hell do people play this game?
Devs are soon implementing high end content that takes 43 minutes to complete, start to finish, and is triggered by the player so no batphone. Plus, make sure to visit the p99 store for exp potions and other unique items!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Yep. Raiding in EverQuest is a total joke on this server. There's a reason why most future games invented instancing. Actually getting to engage the mob on this server is multitudes harder than the actual mechanics of defeating the mob.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Banned

Join a casual raiding guild that does lightly-contested content. Or don't even raid. Go group in high-level dungeons and explore the crazy shit out in western wastes, etc.

Also, pretty much every single epic can be bought, and generally the time it takes to obtain an epic via farming platinum is less than the equivalent raiding time required, assuming you have some degree of competency in the game.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Just don't raid or join a casual raiding guild with lax batphone rules.

And yes, the end-game scene here is absolute shit. And yes, you're right - there isn't much left here but the "get this and the other guys don't get this" mentality is strong enough to continue the extreme measures needed to raid/win.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:21 PM
Kobold

ToV on Sunday is more busy than Knapford station at rush hour.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:31 PM
Banned

raid scene isn't that bad - gets over blown on the fourms.

There is this imagined image of eighty 30-40 year old men all staring at a computer screen with drool dripping out of the corner of their mouths sh!tting into socks. Its simply not the case.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 PM
Banned

post the last week of raid alerts
Closed Thread