Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Gods are a scam. Your charlatan priests made them up for money

Innoruk is just a skinny troll. I've killed him. He's not a god. Cazic too. Just a loot pinata.

Your gods are a joke
Old 01-27-2018, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff of Battle is an excellent weapon
/thread.

also, at level 22 you have 300-400pp. if you don't you can farm it.
i have one rotting on my gnome warrior at the moment but... i'm not willing to sell just yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2018, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

1 handed weapons with a ratio just short of 1:2 are sufficient to get you throw the first 40 levels.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Kobold

It's funny, I never see the old Polished Granite Tomahawk mentioned as a low level warrior weapon. I get it, the damage ratio sucks. That being said, it starts to proc at level 10 and the proc is a RUNE, and causes some serious mob hate as a result. I put one on my bard at level 4, forgot about it, and when I hit level 10, I was wondering WTF was going on, the mobs were all over me. I bagged it and sold it later. This is an underrated low level aggro weapon if you don't have a few hundred pp for the other stuff.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

PGT is a very good call, because at the early levels of dual wield the weapon will basically never swing, but it will still proc at the usual rate per minute.

Having a useful proc in the offhand until 20ish is a great strategy to raise skill and get use out of the off hand!

Good call Borak!
Old 01-28-2018, 05:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PGT is a very good call, because at the early levels of dual wield the weapon will basically never swing, but it will still proc at the usual rate per minute.
Just to clarify... it will only proc on an offhand swing, correct?
It will not proc without dual wield making a swing.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Correct, and the off-hand ppm is half of the primary.
That being said, number of swing per minute does not affect the proc per minute, so why not.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to clarify... it will only proc on an offhand swing, correct?
It will not proc without dual wield making a swing.
It can proc when the off hand timer is elapsed, even if duel wield fails to produce a swing.

Crazy, I know.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Ya, you can go a long time with an offhand proc weapon benefiting you a lot, depending on the weapon. I did dual velium crystal staffs on a monk, then to offhand vel crystal staff with sos main and IFC never really beat the combo dps-wise. I'm sure it won solo-wise for a while but idk for sure.

But the problem is, the same reason a proc weapon wins in the offhand, is the same reason a 2 hander wins dps so bad early on. But the Tomahawk of classicness is a great idea for skillups 1hs, then some 1hb for a mainhand would be cool. Isn't there like a 16/30 War Only 1HB or something.

It's not that hard to skill up weapons on light blues later. I wouldn't worry horribly about that. You can do light blues exp, bandaging, and weapon skills whenever.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Fist of Zek. It also has some groovy stats.

Decent dps primary in the 20s before damage bonus kicks in (and while there is still a partial cap on damage).

Worth keeping for later levels to be used as an off hand non-aggro dps weapon too?
Closed Thread